It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

csv workitem import Planned for (path) not working

sam detweiler (12.5k6195201) | asked Feb 18 '14, 7:59 p.m.
 per the 4.0.6 (and before) doc,  to get the planned for set properly, change the  input data to be the path to the iteration..

Planned For : The values of the Planned For attribute come from the project area iterations. Look up these identifiers in the properties dialogs of timelines and iterations on the project area editor's Overview tab. Replace each target ID with a path using forward slashes as separators, starting with a slash followed by the timeline's ID as the first segment, followed by segments of iteration IDs. For example: /main_dev/milestone_3/sta

this works great with the 3.0.1.3 importer, but the 4.0.4 importer doesn't use the string as a LABEL path, 
it uses it as a NAME path.. and so creates a whole iteration tree incorrectly..

note that we did not use explicit targetid in the mapping file.  just planned for to planned for. 
(this wasn't needed for 3.0.1 either)

is this a bug, or a problem with usage? I have to fix this before the weekend when we import to production

Accepted answer

permanent link
Lily Wang (4.9k714) | answered Feb 18 '14, 8:34 p.m.
Hi Sam,
I had the same issue in 4.0.4.
This is a defect https://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Rational%20Team%20Concert#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=280990 which has been fixed in 4.0.5.
And the workaround: remove the leading slash / in targetId value(s)
- "/maintenance/iter1" should be changed to
- "maintenance/iter1"
worked for me in 4.0.4.
sam detweiler selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
sam detweiler commented Feb 18 '14, 9:52 p.m.

wow!. thanks so much for the quick answer.. and I had to edit the excel sheets to ADD the /!..

thank you thank you!

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.