It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Why am I getting a syntax exception when running the clm_was_config.py job to setup WAS?

Michael Walker (99214201157) | asked May 13 '13, 2:26 p.m.
retagged May 13 '13, 4:10 p.m. by Max Bridges (24126)
Hi,

I'm trying to use the Jython scripts to setup WAS for CLM 402.  WAS is setup, profile is created and started.  I verified the paths were correct.

When I run the command below I get  an Expected Error: "]" not found when setting JAZZ_HOME.  I looked in the docs but couldn't find what I'm missing.

Any idea why this is occurring?

E:\IBM\WebSphere\AppServer\profiles\AppSrv01\bin>wsadmin.bat -language jython -u
ser wasadmin -password ******** -f "E:/Program Files/IBM/JazzTeamServer402_WAS/
server/was/clm_was_config.py"  "E:/Program Files/IBM/JazzTeamServer402_WAS/serve
r/conf"

WASX7209I: Connected to process "server1" on node svljazz05Node01 using SOAP con
nector;  The type of process is: UnManagedProcess
WASX7303I: The following options are passed to the scripting environment and are
 available as arguments that are stored in the argv variable: "[-language, jytho
n, E:/Program Files/IBM/JazzTeamServer402_WAS/server/conf]"
Disabled Java2 Security
Enabled Application Security
Enabled Administrative Security
Enabled Unprotected URI
Setting configuration for Application Server server1
Set initial and max heap size to 4096
Set JVM args -Xmx4g -Xms4g -Xmn512m -Xgcpolicy:gencon -Xcompressedrefs -Xgc:pref
erredHeapBase=0x100000000
Caught Exception creating JAZZ_HOME JVM property
com.ibm.ws.scripting.ScriptingException: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: jav
a.lang.IllegalArgumentException: WASX7122E: Expected "]"  not found.
[-serverType APPLICATION_SERVER]

^

Modified java.awt.headless JVM custom property
Modified org.eclipse.emf.ecore.plugin.EcorePlugin.doNotLoadResourcesPlugin JVM c
ustom property
Caught Exception creating log4j.configuration JVM property
com.ibm.ws.scripting.ScriptingException: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: jav
a.lang.IllegalArgumentException: WASX7122E: Expected "]"  not found.
[-serverType APPLICATION_SERVER]

^

Accepted answer

permanent link
Indradri Basu (1.8k1514) | answered May 13 '13, 2:48 p.m.
Try using "progra~1" instead of "Program Files"
Michael Walker selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Michael Walker commented May 13 '13, 3:05 p.m.

That worked thanks!  I assumed the double quotes would allow "Program Files" to be used.

Indradri Basu commented May 13 '13, 3:16 p.m.

Yes and because of the space the conf folder path gets truncated when called inside the script. Glad to know it helped.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.