It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Why am I getting an "Accepting change sets" [Local projects are out of sync] message?

Eddie Breeveld (6112530) | asked Feb 20 '14, 5:17 a.m.
edited Feb 20 '14, 5:45 a.m. by Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646)
I have come back from a few days' holiday and get this message when I open RTC/Eclipse (4.0.4 on Windows 7)
Accepting change sets
  • Why am I getting this? 
  • How did they get out of sync while I was away?
  • What can I do to avoid this?
Eddie

2 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Feb 20 '14, 5:42 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
From my experience, the out of sync typically happens if
  • You did changes to the local files and Eclipse did not realize that
  • The same repository workspace got loaded twice and one of the loaded versions was changed
If you change local files, refresh the projects or look into the Jazz SCM setting in Eclipse to make it detect changes external to Eclipse.

Don't load the same repository workspace in two different Eclipse workspaces. If you feel the need to, create a stream with the content of the repository workspace, flow to that and create a second repository workspace from that stream. 

There might be other cases (I am not a heavy SCM user), but these are the ones I would explore first.

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Feb 20 '14, 5:44 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

You are getting the message when you try to accept change sets, because at this moment Eclipse detects the difference between the repository workspace and the local content. The problem with workspaces being out of sync is not related to accepting the incoming changes. It would have been detected in other scenarios as well.

Eddie Breeveld commented Feb 20 '14, 5:46 a.m.

Although good suggestions, this is not happening in my case. I do have detect local changes switched on and I do not load repository workspaces into more than one place.

Eddie Breeveld commented Feb 20 '14, 6:16 a.m.

Ah yes.  The question is really "Why did my projects get out of sync?".

permanent link
Krzysztof Kaźmierczyk (7.4k375103) | answered Feb 20 '14, 5:44 a.m.
Hi Eddie,
The most probable explanation coming to my mind is that someone has delivered any changes to your workspace.

Comments
Eddie Breeveld commented Feb 20 '14, 5:50 a.m.

Thanks.  My repository workspace is private, so I assume no one can deliver to it.  My laptop (with the local sandbox) was switched off.

sam detweiler commented Feb 20 '14, 6:19 a.m.

if you look at the pending changes incoming, and drill into the changed files, what is shown?

Eddie Breeveld commented Feb 20 '14, 6:27 a.m.

Some incoming baselines and some incoming files.  Some new files and some changed files.

sam detweiler commented Feb 20 '14, 6:34 a.m.

sorry, I should have also asked for outgoing

Eddie Breeveld commented Feb 20 '14, 6:52 a.m.

OK :) I have one unresolved .settings file.

sam detweiler commented Feb 20 '14, 6:54 a.m.

is that file also in the incoming?

Eddie Breeveld commented Feb 20 '14, 7:03 a.m.

Yes, it looks like it might have been in the incoming too.  I started to reload the project a short time ago so I cannot be entirely certain.

showing 5 of 7 show 2 more comments

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.