It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

"your filesystem supports symlinks but you are missing the Eclipse native support for them null"

Natsumi Yokoyama (209387101) | asked May 16 '13, 7:26 a.m.
edited May 16 '13, 7:28 a.m.

When I start JBE on AIX, following message was displayed.

• your filesystem supports symlinks but you are missing the Eclipse native support for them null

2013-05-16 17:57:49 [Jazz build engine] Running build loop...
2013-05-16 17:57:49 [Jazz build engine] Waiting for request...
2013-05-16 18:02:21 [Jazz build engine] Found a user request for build definition "Build_UTSample".
May 16, 2013 6:02:36 PM com.ibm.team.filesystem.client.internal.LoggingHelper log
WARNING: Status WARNING: com.ibm.team.filesystem.client code=0 Problem detected: your filesystem supports symlinks but you are missing the Eclipse native support for them null

My RTC server is ver 3.0.1.x on AIX. What should I do to resolve this? I know below tips, but that is for RTC 2.0.0.2.

https://jazz.net/library/article/363

Problem detected: your filesystem supports symlinks but you are missing the Eclipse native support for themIf you are using Eclipse 3.5, then you may need to either use a pre-release Eclipse 3.5.2 development build, or switch to a Eclipse 3.4 RTC installation

Accepted answer

permanent link
Matt Lennon (61225) | answered May 16 '13, 9:01 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Natsumi.

Symbolic links are supported on AIX starting in 4.0. I don't believe they are supported on 3.0.1.x. See this work item:

RTC CLI for 3.0.x is lacking symbolic link support on Linux/PPC (203798)

That work item refers to the SCM command line interface, but I think it applies to the JBE as well, since the issue is in the RTC filesystem component shared by both the CLI and JBE.

-Matt
Natsumi Yokoyama selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Natsumi Yokoyama commented Jul 19 '13, 3:07 a.m.

Thank you for your answer.

I understand that RTC 4.x was built on Eclipse 3.6.2 which supports symlinks, but 3.x was build on 3.5.2 which does not.

:-)

Krzysztof Kaźmierczyk commented Oct 07 '15, 7:11 a.m.

@jmlennon - RTC CLI for 3.0.x is lacking symbolic link support on Linux/PPC (203798) is resolved with resolution later. In that case are symbolic links supported in 4.0?

Geoffrey Clemm commented Oct 07 '15, 12:05 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

In general, "Resolved: Later" does not mean "this is resolved in a later release", but rather "this is Resolved as being something we will look at Later (i.e. not now)".   So you cannot infer from this work item whether or not sym links are supported on Linux/PPC in the 4.0 release.   But if you look in the "Related" links, you will see that this was fixed in 4.0 by work item 202296.

One other answer

permanent link
Krzysztof Kaźmierczyk (7.5k480103) | answered May 16 '13, 8:22 a.m.
Hello Natsumi,
there is existing topic on the forum regarding symlinks and AIX: https://jazz.net/forum/questions/104113/rtc-unable-to-create-symbolic-link-during-load-on-aix Can you check it?

Best regards,
Krzysztof Kazmierczyk

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.