It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

XDC to Relational Database

Roanna Rague (21212) | asked Aug 01 '17, 5:20 p.m.
closed Aug 02 '17, 4:02 a.m. by Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646)

Hello, I have asked multiple questions about XDC files, trying to figure out how to decipher them...but I don't think I asked this question: how do you know what columns in the database the XDC file is mapping to? 

I know there is a value in the XDC file called "dbName="name"", however, that dbName doesn't actually all the time correspond to a column in a database? Is there a way to figure out where the values are getting mapped? 

And I should know this, but I did not create some custom XDC files that I now have to figure out what they are doing. 

Thank you

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Aug 02 '17, 4:04 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

There is no information in this question that makes it relevant to this forum. No product versions this forum supports and no other info that can be used. Please use a search engine to find a forum that is relevant for you and while we are at it, consider reading How should I ask a question in the Forum if I want to receive useful answers? and improve your question writing skill.

Thanks

2 answers

permanent link
Grazielle Codogno (1536) | answered Aug 02 '17, 7:40 p.m.
edited Aug 02 '17, 10:21 p.m.
Hi Roanna,
The DbName parameter correspond to the repository name, where the information will be stored.
The data mapping information between the field and the actual table and column where it is stored, it's part of the architecture of the
produt and at that level isn't usually available to general overview . It's part of the product code.

permanent link
Kenji Sarai (96029) | answered Aug 03 '17, 9:26 p.m.

Hi Roanna,

XDC file itself does not have mapping information between Reportable REST API (application side) and DW database columns. They are mapped in Data Manager in Rational Insight or DCC job in CLM.

- In Data Manager, if you open one of the Fact Build in ODS, then you will see the data flow. The database icon in left side is coming from XDC and the right side is database column.

- In DCC, the mapping files are found in /server/conf/dcc/sites/dcc-updatesite/plugins/com.ibm.rational.datacollection.service_XXXXXXXX.jar. Unzip this jar file, and open these mapping (.ttl) files. For the detail how to read the mapping files, please read the article below. Note: you need to know RDF triples to understand the mapping definition.
https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/DataCollectionCustomizationUsingDCC

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.