It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Which license does the dcc_user need?

Guido Schneider (3.4k1491115) | asked Jan 31 '15, 9:17 a.m.
edited Jan 31 '15, 2:30 p.m.
Dear All,

I installed and configured DCC to replace the ETL jobs for data collection.

To collect data, there is a user created during registering the application, called dcc_user.
This user did not get any license per default, so I need to assign one.

There exists several data collector licenses on the system. From each there exists exactly one license:
  • Data Collection Component - Internal
  • Data Collector
  • CCM Data Collector
  • QM Data Collector
  • RM Data Collector

In the help it's written, the dcc_user needs the "Data Collector" license, But why is there a "Data Collection Component" license when I need the one, which is already in use for the "dw_user"?

If I assign the "Data Collection Component" license, most DCC jobs will work, but two jobs fail:

• CCM-Build: error message "The dcc_user does not have a Contributor Floating or Token license".
  • Quality Manager: com.ibm.rational.datacollection.etl.authentication.DCCHttpClient$3: Error 403: SRVE0295E: Error reported: 403

If I move the "Data Collector" license from the "dw_user" to the "dcc_user" the collector jobs are running correctly.

Question:

• is the "dw_user" not used anymore, so I can safely remove the license from this user, if I have all jobs on DCC and not running any ETL's?
  • Is it correct, to assign the "Data Collector" license and not use the "Data Collection Component" License, or is it a bug, that the "Data Collection Component" does not have enough rights to run all data collection jobs?

For the time being, DCC is running well on my system, but I like to clarify this license issue.

thanks
Guido

Accepted answer

permanent link
Francesco Chiossi (5.7k11119) | answered Feb 02 '15, 4:31 a.m.
Hello Guido,

my understanding is that dcc_user is only the functional user created to enable the communication between the CLM application (the same as jts_user ccm_user rm_user qm_user ...) not the user that should perform the data collection.

If you come from using the CLM data collection job you might already have a data collection user (commonly refereed as etl_user or maybe in your case dw_user) that was assigned with Jazz_Admin repository permission ans the various data collector licenses).
You can still use the same user in DCC to perform the data collections.

The user can be set in DCC > Configuration > Resource Group Configuration > [Application Name]; or otherwise in the Configure Data Warehouse step of the DCC setup in the last section of the page.

Best Regards,

Francesco Chiossi
Guido Schneider selected this answer as the correct answer

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.