It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Can DCC and Java ELT co-exist?

Don Yang (7.7k21109138) | asked Oct 07 '15, 5:38 a.m.
In CLM 5.0.2, if DCC is added, help(http://www-01.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSYMRC_5.0.2/com.ibm.rational.dcc.doc/topics/t_roadmap_dcc.html?lang=en) suggests to disable Java ETL and DM.
I guess it means if I point DCC data warehouse database to the existing DW, then I should do that, is it possible for the user to leave existing Java ETL as is and create a new DW database for DCC and run them separately?

Would that cause any potential problems?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Francesco Chiossi (5.7k11119) | answered Oct 07 '15, 5:46 a.m.
Hello Don,

technically it's possible to have both DCC and the Java ETL enable at the same time if you use 2 distinct data warehouses.

My only concern would be the load on the CLM server / database server if both are running at the same time (DCC is designed to use all the available resources). If the extra load can be handled should be fine.

Also most of the reporting solutions can only use 1 data warehouse at time, so you would have to pick which of the 2 data warehouses to use.

Best Regards,

Francesco Chiossi
Don Yang selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Don Yang commented Oct 07 '15, 7:05 p.m.

Hi, Francesco

Thank you very much for the response.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.