It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How do I configure Insight 1.1.1 ETL with server on AIX and tools on Windows?

David Mehaffy (90123338) | asked Aug 08 '12, 4:17 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I have installed RC2 of Insight 1.1.1 on AIX with a copy of my production RIDW database.  Report server is working fine.  It is very unclear to me how I would configure the ETL so I can start running collections of data from CLM.   I have cataloged both the content store and data warehouse on my windows tools machine.  I have created a RationalInsghtETL in my RICM from the windows machine and saved it.   Now I need to run XDC configuration.  Do I download the files from CLM and configure them on windows and then go to datamanager and test the connection?   I guess the net is are the xdc files really stored as part of the ETL catalog once they are configured in datamanager?  Do I need to copy the xdc files to AIX server and what configuration do I need to do there?   I have read over the documentation pointed to by the release notes and I do not see anything that describes this scenario which will be prevalent for Enterprise Customers.

I also note that it says that DataServices is only supported on Windows which seems to be a bad thing as if you are running AIX for Insight then DataServices should run there too?  Also in previous release it supported Linux so DataServices has taken a step backwards not forwards.

Comments
David Mehaffy commented Aug 20 '12, 1:35 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Sure would liek someone to answer this question

One answer

permanent link
Jackie Albert (1.6k14947) | answered Aug 14 '12, 4:20 p.m.
We use DataServices on Linux, so I'm curious to see the answer to that part of the question.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.