It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

restrict users can only link to existing RTC work ticket but cannot create work ticket from RQM

kavita herur (5876594) | asked Apr 16 '17, 9:33 a.m.

HI All,

By following CLM steps we can achieve the RTC and RQM link.  As of now I can create/link existing RTC WT from RQM. Now I want to restrict creation of RTC WT from RQM but user can link Test plan/suite to existing RTC WT.

Is there way I can achieve this.
Thanks,
Kavita

Comments
Donald Nong commented Apr 16 '17, 7:36 p.m.

Do you mean for all users? Explaining the use case in more details can help others to help you.

kavita herur commented Apr 17 '17, 2:03 a.m.

Hi Donald,

whenever the Integrated workItem window opens in RQM all users should be allowed to link existing RTC WTs  but shouldn't be allowed to create new WT.

Is there way I can disable to create workItem button or any alternate solution?

Is this can be achieved for specific user as well?  any thoughts?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Apr 19 '17, 4:11 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Apr 19 '17, 4:13 a.m.

The permission to create work items is controlled by RTC. Use RTC permissions and roles for the RQM users that prevent them from creating work items in RTC.

kavita herur selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
kavita herur commented Jun 14 '17, 11:13 a.m.

Thanks Ralph,  I agree with you we can restrict creating RTC WT by permissions.  I tried by not providing "in line editor"  So that  user will not provide input, but still once I click on "ok" button, It creates RTC WT with few default values.

Ralph Schoon commented Jun 19 '17, 4:16 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Just not providing an inline editor does not remove the permission to create work items and the user can get a t the UI to create work items.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.