It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to create multiple applications under one project?

Raj Asthana (826) | asked Dec 08 '14, 1:01 a.m.
 Hi,

I am having multiple applications. Now want to use RTC and RQM both for defect log and as well Test cases perspective.
So I am thinking that i will create One Project "Enterprise Application" like that and under that project can have multiple applications. Against that multiple applications, i have to log the defect when ever find any defect while testing in RQM.

Will it be possible to configure in this way?
One Project "Enterprise Application"
Under have 
  1. XYZ
  2. ABC
  3. PQR
Please give me your guidance to configure the project in RTC and RQM both.

Thanks
Kind Regards,
Raj

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Dec 08 '14, 3:24 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

The question here is: what is the question?

You can do what you describe above. You will likely have to create attributes in RQM to select for the application that is tested and you will likely have to create team areas and categories or custom attributes to be able to tell users which application is broken or which application a work item is for.

Raj Asthana commented Dec 08 '14, 4:03 a.m. | edited Dec 08 '14, 4:44 a.m.

Hi Ralph,

Apologies that you did not understand the question.

I have a testing team and they are managing the 5 small applications manually.
Now they want to use the RQM to manage the testing through the tool.
What they want that they don't want to create individual projects for each n every application. They said, will create only one project like "Enterprise Applications" and under this project they want to configure all these small applications. 
when ever they find any defect during testing they will log a defect which also should be flow in RTC.

Now it is clear please?

Will it be possible to configure in this way?

Thanks
Kind Regards,
Raj

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Dec 08 '14, 4:54 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
I understood the question so far. I just don't understand what your implementation problem is/what details you want to know.

In general you want to be able to distinguish between the projects and what work is done for which in both applications. I can best answer for RTC, where you want to have multiple team areas (e.g. one for each product) and set up categories to assign work items to the team areas.
You want something in RQM also to say for which team an artifact is. E.g. using an attribute.

I would suggest to look into the JKA Banking/money that matters example that ships with CLM. Here exactly the same is implemented. There is an attribute in RQM to say for which part of the application a test is and in RTC there are teams and categories for the same purpose.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.