It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

DOORS NG 6.0.2 - align left in 'Contents' column not working

Adrian Haw (2641041) | asked Feb 28 '17, 8:03 a.m.

More often than not, the format option to 'align left' does not work (align right, align center and align justified work fine). What is the root cause and solution?

In addition, any other text attributes are by default centered and there are no formatting options for them which makes the view display a little harder to read.

2 answers

permanent link
Donald Nong (14.5k414) | answered Mar 02 '17, 5:28 a.m.

If you are editing in the module view, it is likely a caching issue - I can see it, even though not always. If I use a different browser, it shows the correct alignment. Logging out and back in should make it work as well, but I don't have consistent success.

If I open the requirement, edit it, then go back to the module, I don't see such issue at all.

Other text attributes are not rich text so you cannot format them. I don't find them "centered" by default. They are aligned left as I can see. Can you show a screenshot? Maybe I look at the wrong place.

Comments
Adrian Haw commented Mar 02 '17, 5:55 a.m. | edited Mar 03 '17, 12:16 a.m.

Hi Donald

Thank you for picking this question up. Attached is a screenshot - you can see that the Contents column (for all artifacts) is set for 'Align Left' but it has no effect - everything is centered. Setting to any of the other 3 options works without problems. You can also see that another string attribute on the right side is centered.
If it helps, this data is imported from csv.

AlignLeft

Donald Nong commented Mar 03 '17, 4:37 a.m.

I gave it a few tries but could not replicate the issue. I doubt the CSV import can make any difference in this case. "Align Left" is the default, and the text is in fact has no "style". If you open a single requirement, does the alignment look OK? Also, you can find out a bit more by doing the following.
1. Open an artifact of interest.
2. Open the link by using the "Share the link to this Artifact menu", i.e. not the link on the address bar.
3. Append "&accept=application/xml&private=true" (without quotes) to the end of the link.
4. Access the modified link.
5. The output can look a bit strange, as it is in XML format. Select Show Page Source from the browser to show the XML source.
6. Locate the content (or Primary Text) text source (it should be in XHTML format).

Do you see something like 'style="text-align: right;"' in the text source? If you still get stuck, it's time for a Support ticket.

Adrian Haw commented Mar 13 '17, 8:31 p.m.
Adding that string and viewing page source only shows me some macro info about the page but it does show that alignment is set to center.

<style type="text/css">
#net-jazz-ajax-NoScriptMessage { width: 100%; color: #D0D0D0; font-size: 2em; text-align: center; position: absolute; top: 1%; z-index: 999; } </style>

Donald Nong commented Mar 14 '17, 12:09 a.m. | edited Mar 14 '17, 12:10 a.m.

That's not what I am expecting. I'll give you an example here:

<rdf:value rdf:parseType="Literal"><div xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">
<p dir="ltr" id="_1489464175574">Align Left</p>
<p dir="ltr" id="_1489464175575" style="text-align: center;">Align Center</p>
<p dir="ltr" id="_1489464175576" style="text-align: right;">Align Right</p>
<p dir="ltr" id="_1489464175577" style="text-align: justify;">Align Justified</p>
</div></rdf:value>

Donald Nong commented Mar 14 '17, 12:11 a.m.

Pay attention to step 2 in my previous comment - you should not use the link in the address bar.

permanent link
Adrian Haw (2641041) | answered Jul 24 '17, 4:26 a.m.
edited Jul 24 '17, 4:27 a.m.

Finally figured out what the root cause is.

If the "mini dashboard" is pinned then the text is auto-centered in all columns of the view. Unpin the "mini dashboard" and refresh the browser and all is ok.

I will log a bug for this.

Comments
Adrian Haw commented Sep 07 '17, 8:48 a.m.

Following up on this - the root cause was that the stylesheet of a widget pinned in the mini dashboard can influence the main display.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.