It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

DNG - What sort of report can you create with JRS Trend Reporting?

Sean F (1.3k252162) | asked Aug 25 '18, 11:21 a.m.
I am trying to get JRS trend reporting to do something in DNG. Anything really just to see it working.

I was imagining that you would be able to, for example, create a graph that shows the number of system requirements changing over the course of a week in a bar chart format with one bar for each day and the total increasing on each bar.

Is that possible? If so is there a step by step description anywhere?

I have created sample data over the course of a week that should show such a bar chart if it is possible.

I cannot get the trend reporting to show this kind of chart.

I am trying as follows:-

Choose a report type:- Historical Trends
Data source:- DW (I read on other older threads that RQE does not work for trend reporting - don't know if that is still correct)

Limit scope:- My Project

Focus on artifact trends:- Requirements > Requirement > Totals (this is the only choice - I thought there would be an option to choose specific artifact types)

Set time range:- 7 days ago until today

Set conditions:- nothing

Format Results:- Preview shows 'No results found'

So is there a way to do what I am trying to do and if so how is it done?

Or else is there a way to get JRS Trend Reporting to do anything in DNG and if so how is that done?

The only articles I have found have focused on RTC and don't shed any light on using the feature with DNG.

e.g.

There is a thread here asking a similar question but it is from a little while ago

Be the first one to answer this question!

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.