It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Minimum license needed to Admin CLM

Sterling Ferguson-II (1.6k8279269) | asked May 16 '13, 12:46 p.m.
CLM 4.0.2

Hello all,

What is the minimum license assignment needed to be an Administrator of CLM? I know during upgrades you need to have an RM-Analyst license for some reason, but to add users, create projects, change roles what is needed? Can I do all of that config in JTS with a Contributor license? Can I go in to RRC/RQM and Manage project areas with a Contributor license?

thanks

Comments
Josh Crawford commented May 16 '13, 1:02 p.m.

Hi Sterling,  how are we defining the word Admin?  Are you more concerned about user management?  For example if you have source control projects  and you would like to be able to access\manipulate that data you will need a developer license. 

Sterling Ferguson-II commented May 16 '13, 1:11 p.m.

Josh, thanks for commenting. I am assuming this much

Analyst license - to create attributes in RRC
QP license - to create fields and templates in QM
Dev license - to create streams and other "fun" stuff in CCM.

But yes, user management, Manage Project Areas, JTS configuration, Creating CLM projects, Connecting CLM to Focal Point or DOORS or ClearQuest.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Indradri Basu (1.8k1514) | answered May 16 '13, 1:12 p.m.
As far as I know, any project area administration from creating projects to administering them(all the things you mentioned) needs you to be a member of JazzAdmins or JazzProjectAdmins group and this is valid for all CLM applications (CCM/QM/RM).

Upgrading to CLM is a bit different story. Before the RM online upgrade you need to have 4.x licenses available and activated to complete that step/migration. Also if you are upgrading from 3.x to 4.x, as far as I can recall, the 4.x floating licenses gets automatically assigned to users as it was in 3.x.
Sterling Ferguson-II selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Indradri Basu commented May 16 '13, 1:20 p.m.

Forgot to mention, you can refer to this article to know about each license types.

Sterling Ferguson-II commented May 16 '13, 1:23 p.m.

So, recapping...

If I am on 4.0.2 as a JazzAdmin with a Contributor license, I can do all of the things I asked about?

Indradri Basu commented May 16 '13, 2:23 p.m.

I must say this is a sensible question. To make sure I am not missing anything, I actually went ahead and tried this out.

I created a user and put him in the JazzAdmins group. Then I assigned RM/QM/CC contributor licenses. Then I created a RM project and a CCM project and also I added another user as a member of the project and assigned a Team Member role. I believe it will not be different for the QM application.

So,  to conclude, the answer is still yes.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.