It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Load runner scripts are running in HP Loadrunner but not in IBM RQM

Monica Shishodia (1113) | asked Nov 23 '16, 1:25 a.m.
retagged Dec 02 '16, 4:14 a.m. by Minakshi Jaint (5113)

Hi All

I am trying to execute HP load runner with IBM RQM. I have setup a machine (lets call it A) with load runner installed. For integration with IBM jazz server (lets call it B), HP load runner adapetr is required, same has been configured on the machine where runner is installed.(machine A)

I can run loadrunner's scenarios on Machine A. But when i try to run these through Jazz servre (Machine B) i am getting error. I can register this adapter, view the scenario in select script section but at the time of execution, i am getting same error.

LoadRunner Controller returned with error code -1

To make sure, i am following the integration (IBM RQM,HP Load runner) correctly, below mentioned links are being followed.

--For test script

https://jazz.net/help-dev/clm/index.jsp?re=1&topic=/com.ibm.rqm.adapter.loadrunner.ua/html/topics/rqm_loadrunner_execution_results_overview.html&scope=null

--For test case

https://jazz.net/help-dev/clm/index.jsp?re=1&topic=/com.ibm.rqm.adapter.loadrunner.ua/html/topics/rqm_loadrunner_execution_results_overview.html&scope=null

For resolution, i followed below mentioned link, but still same output.

https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/community/blogs/nfrsblog/entry/Executing_the_Loadrunner_scripts_in_RQM_results_in_Error_Controller_returned_with_error_code_1?lang=en

Please help in resolution.

Regards,

Monica

One answer

permanent link
abhishek gour (3812) | answered Dec 01 '16, 1:09 a.m.
Hi,
Please check if RQM user has admin access on Machine A. Also I assumed that adapter integration with RQM is completed and successful.
Other things to be checked for are - 
  • The RQM login account should have connector licenses.
  • The user (admin) who does integration should have access to the server where Load Runner is installed.
  • The Adapter ID should be unique for each RQM project area.
Thanks,
Abhishek

Comments
Monica Shishodia commented Dec 01 '16, 6:10 a.m.

Hi Abhishek

Thanks for reply.
Below are the things i have checked.

I am using RDP to connect with Machine A and this user, which is admin, is different than RQM user.

The RQM user has no access to Machine A.
Adapter integration is done (i can see it as green in Adapter console of RQM)
The RQM user has Rational Quality Manager - Quality Professional license, (i have read on few blocks that it should be atleast one of these, connecter or quality professional to make it work)
Adapter ID is unique.

Still I am facing same error code.

Regards,
Monica

abhishek gour commented Dec 01 '16, 9:05 a.m.

Hi Monika,

One of the important missing information about the problem above is if RQM successfully imported the LoadRunner Scripts or not ( From a shared location or from the local ). 

Please verify this point via this link - 

Or this one for some additional info -

Thanks,
Abhishek

Monica Shishodia commented Dec 05 '16, 5:14 a.m.

Hi Abhishek

As i said, RQM is able to import loadrunner scripts and we are able to execute those scripts. Earlier it was showing same message again and again but after digging deep, we were able to actually execute those scripts but here is another problem. RQM is showing the execution as Error. My query is how RQM is identifying whether a load test is a pass or fail. 

We can execute the load test on adapter machine, run script for 10 virtual users and view generated reports in Analyser. Almost same is happening here at RQM. It connects the adapter, imports scripts and executes them. The LRResult.zip is also getting generated but the Actual result in RQM says Error.

Can you please help? Looks like we are almost there.

Regards,
Monica

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.