It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Enabling Team Areas in QM: Will that affect test artifact display/editing ?

Kevin Ramer (4.5k8183200) | asked Feb 13 '13, 8:54 a.m.
retagged Jun 22 '13, 2:46 p.m. by Lisa Caten (342913)
CLM 4.0.1, Customer raises issue that on say the Test Case display under Test Plan the Team Area column does not have the 'Change' icon.   Also same customer reports that Team Area can show Unassigned.   Looking at the project properties I see that Team Areas & Timelines has never been triggered (i.e. in its default 3.0 state, I guess you could say)

Is the display of the Change icon on the artefact tables influenced by the Team Areas & Timelines ?

Thanks

Accepted answer

permanent link
Tory Jaskoviak (52015) | answered Mar 05 '13, 2:17 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Kevin,

By default Team Areas are disabled. When the customer notices that the Team Area column is 'Unassigned' and it does not have the 'Change' icon, this is working as designed. The customer should also noticed that there is no 'Team Area' field in the artifact editor.

In order to set Team Areas, the customer needs to create a Team Area from 'Manage This Project Area' -> Team Area Hierarchy -> Create Team. Then they will need to set 'Enable team areas and support for multiple timelines' under 'Team Areas & Timelines' in 'Manager Project Properties' as you mentioned. Once they have done this, they should notice they can set the test artifact to a team area. They should also notice that if they select the test case in the test plan list, the 'Change' icon will enable.
Kevin Ramer selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Andrew Trobec commented Jun 18 '13, 5:46 a.m.

@trjaskov

My RQM 4.0.0.1 project area has this exact setup and I can set a Team Area.  How do I set the configuration so that a member of one Team Area cannot see the artifacts of another Team Area?

Regards,

Andrew

Tory Jaskoviak commented Jun 18 '13, 10:27 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Andrew,

We do not support limiting the visibility of individual test artifacts. You should be able to specify project level permissions to limit access to test artifact types as a whole (as in disallow a user to access any test cases).

Just for your reference, here is a couple links describing at what level (team v. project area) you can specify certain permissions:
https://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/clmhelp/v4r0/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.jazz.platform.doc%2Ftopics%2Fc_permissions.html
https://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/clmhelp/v4r0/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.jazz.platform.doc%2Ftopics%2Fc_qm_permissions_reference.html
Regards,
Tory

Rajat Singh commented Jun 20 '13, 2:35 a.m.

Hi Andrew

You may also read the below article which explains managing team areas:
https://jazz.net/library/article/1239/ 

Hope its useful!!

Best Regards
Rajat

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.