It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Doors 9.6 - Installation fails due to 32bit server install and 64bit client install

Karen Steele (1.2k2139148) | asked Nov 18 '16, 1:36 p.m.
edited Nov 18 '16, 2:56 p.m. by Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646)
I have been able to install both packages but Doors.exe fails to load with an error code that indicates its trying to run 64 bit when the server is 32 bit .. which is true .. the installation package provide a folder for 32bit for the server, but the client is only available in the 64 bit folder

I have an urgent needs to test out a migration of a doors project to doorsNg thru the migration option which is only available  on 9.6 ... anybody know how to get around this.

2 answers

permanent link
Marcus Stanke (11) | answered Nov 21 '16, 4:19 a.m.
Hello Karen,

I doubt that this is the cause of your issue. I can confirm that since V9.6.1.x we only provide 64-bit DOORS clients but the server is as always a 32bit application. But this should not cause any issues.

What is the error message you are getting ?

Comments
Karen Steele commented Nov 21 '16, 7:35 a.m.

The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b) - which suggest an error with a directX ... I've followed instructions to correct directX but it tells me that I already have the same version installed.   Can't get passed this error.

permanent link
Karen Steele (1.2k2139148) | answered Nov 21 '16, 10:57 a.m.
After working directly with Marcus we determined that the error is in fact having the 32bit server installed in the same directory as the 64bit client ... uninstalled and re-installed to different directories and is now working correctly.

Thanks Marcus.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.