It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Problem Setting up Data Warehouse

Serge Charbonneau (13) | asked Jan 11 '17, 11:43 a.m.

Hi,

I'm trying to setup the data warehouse on a CLM server where all applications are registered.  The database is on a separate server running SQL Server 2014.  I'm at step 7 of the Jazz setup wizard.  I've entered the following information:
Database Vendor: SQL Server
Connection Type: JDBC
JDBC Password: set to the password of the DWuser account associated with the DW database on the database server
JDBC Location: //xelarationsql:1433;databaseName=DW;user=DWuser;password={password}
Database Table Space Folder: \XELARATIONSQL\DataWarehouse (this is a shared folder already created on the database server and accessible with full control on the CLM server)
Custom Report Database User: RPTUSER
I kept all other fields blank.

When I click Test Connection, I get the following message:

The database exists, but is not configured to contain the data warehouse. Use the "Create Tables" button in Step 3 to configure the data warehouse for Jazz.ID CRJAZ1744E

So far, so good.

When I click Create Tables,
I get the following error message:
The data warehouse tables could not be created. Try the action again.ID CRJAZ1745E

CRRTC8030E The creation of the data warehouse failed.
com.ibm.team.repository.common.TeamRepositoryException: ALTER DATABASE [DW] ADD FILE ( NAME = N'VNF_32K', FILENAME = N'\XELARATIONSQL\DataWarehouse\VNF_32K.ndf' , SIZE = 51200KB , FILEGROWTH = 51200KB ) TO FILEGROUP [VNF_32K] at com.ibm.team.datawarehouse.service.AbstractDataWarehouseDbProvider.internalExecuteSql(AbstractDataWarehouseDbProvider.java:434) at com.ibm.team.datawarehouse.service.AbstractDataWarehouseDbProvider.executeSql(AbstractDataWarehouseDbProvider.java:247) at com.ibm.team.datawarehouse.service.sqlserver.internal.SqlServerDataWarehouseDbProvider.setupDataWarehouseCoreSpace(SqlServerDataWarehouseDbProvider.java:33) at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:95) at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:56) at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:620) at org.eclipse.soda.sat.core.internal.record.ExportProxyServiceRecord.invoke(ExportProxyServiceRecord.java:361) at org.eclipse.soda.sat.core.internal.record.ExportProxyServiceRecord.access$0(ExportProxyServiceRecord.java:347) at org.eclipse.soda.sat.core.internal.record.ExportProxyServiceRecord$ExportedServiceInvocationHandler.invoke(ExportProxyServiceRecord.java:56) at com.sun.proxy.$Proxy5661.setupDataWarehouseCoreSpace(Unknown Source) at com.ibm.team.datawarehouse.service.internal.RemoteDatabaseService$1.run(RemoteDatabaseService.java:235) at com.ibm.team.datawarehouse.service.internal.RemoteDatabaseService$6.run(RemoteDatabaseService.java:556) at com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.rdb.ConnectionPoolService.withCurrentConnection(ConnectionPoolService.java:487) at com.ibm.team.datawarehouse.service.internal.RemoteDatabaseService.write(RemoteDatabaseService.java:518) at com.ibm.team.datawarehouse.service.internal.RemoteDatabaseService.createRemoteSchemas(RemoteDatabaseService.java:223) at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:95) at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:56) at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:620) at org.eclipse.soda.sat.core.internal.record.ExportProxyServiceRecord.invoke(ExportProxyServiceRecord.java:361) at org.eclipse.soda.sat.core.internal.record.ExportProxyServiceRecord.access$0(ExportProxyServiceRecord.java:347) at org.eclipse.soda.sat.core.internal.record.ExportProxyServiceRecord$ExportedServiceInvocationHandler.invoke(ExportProxyServiceRecord.java:56) at com.sun.proxy.$Proxy5635.createRemoteSchemas(Unknown Source) at com.ibm.team.datawarehouse.service.internal.InternalDataWarehouseService$6.run(InternalDataWarehouseService.java:770) Caused by: com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerException: One or more files listed in the statement could not be found or could not be initialized. at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerException.makeFromDatabaseError(SQLServerException.java:216) at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerStatement.getNextResult(SQLServerStatement.java:1522) at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerStatement.doExecuteStatement(SQLServerStatement.java:799) at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerStatement$StmtExecCmd.doExecute(SQLServerStatement.java:696) at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.TDSCommand.execute(IOBuffer.java:5696) at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerConnection.executeCommand(SQLServerConnection.java:1716) at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerStatement.executeCommand(SQLServerStatement.java:180) at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerStatement.executeStatement(SQLServerStatement.java:155) at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerStatement.execute(SQLServerStatement.java:669) at com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.db.jdbcwrappers.stat.StatementStatWrapper.execute(StatementStatWrapper.java:242) at com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.db.jdbcwrappers.errlog.StatementErrLogWrapper.execute(StatementErrLogWrapper.java:173) at com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.db.jdbcwrappers.leak.StatementLeakWrapper.execute(StatementLeakWrapper.java:71) at com.ibm.team.datawarehouse.service.AbstractDataWarehouseDbProvider.executeStatement(AbstractDataWarehouseDbProvider.java:277) at com.ibm.team.datawarehouse.service.AbstractDataWarehouseDbProvider.internalExecuteSql(AbstractDataWarehouseDbProvider.java:409) ... 24 more

Any idea what I am doing wrong.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you and best regards,

Serge

Comments
Serge Charbonneau commented Jan 11 '17, 11:46 a.m.

The Database Table Space Folder is set to \XELARATIONSQL\DataWarehouse (with double backslashes at the beginning, not just a single backslash).  There is a typo on the description above.

One answer

permanent link
Serge Charbonneau (13) | answered Jan 11 '17, 5:20 p.m.

I solved the problem by setting the Database Table Space Folder to C:\IBM\DataWarehouse.  The folder needs to exist on the database server and the path needs to be an absolute path on the database server.  I find it really strange that it does not require a shared folder instead but as long as it works.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.