It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Registring a third party TRS provider with Jazz LQE

Saqib Niaz (71723) | asked May 12 '16, 11:32 a.m.
edited May 13 '16, 7:41 a.m.
 I have implemented a Tracked Resource Set (TRS) provider. Trying to register it with a local deployment of Doors NG's Lifecycle Query Engine (LQE) module. During registration, LQE is able to fetch my TRS's url from my provider's rootservices document, in authentication part of the registration page, 
i am selecting "Specify OAuth authentication details for this data source", on the next page i am providing a consumer key and secret that is already registered with my TRS provider. When i press the test connection, a request is received on my TRS provider and it contains following OAuth parameters:
oauth_nonce=6088534842433084484, 
oauth_consumer_key=7a1c4761-f500-486c-9092-8644b76c0d6e, 
oauth_signature_method=HMAC-SHA1, 
oauth_timestamp=1463066435, 
oauth_version=1.0, 
oauth_signature=WLZ89IgFgT0td6irmc%2FfAfZDXKU%3D]

But it doesn't contain these OAuth parameters:
oauth_token_secret=, 
oauth_token=, 

My question is: how i am supposed to authenticate in this case?
Because of missing oauth_token, i am sending back a 401 error page with invalied_expired_token. But after that LQE doesn't send any further request and shows the authentication error on TRS registration page.

One answer

permanent link
Saqib Niaz (71723) | answered May 18 '16, 10:41 a.m.
 I have got the solution, it works with two-legged OAuth authentication method. All the parameters required for two-legged authentication are being passed. So the TRS provider needs to authenticate it and return back the resource in case of successful authentication

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.