It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

OSLC API : Authentication methods?

vijayakumar ramesh (1173862) | asked Sep 23 '15, 10:20 a.m.
edited Sep 23 '15, 10:23 a.m.
For CCM
HttpUtils.sendGetForSecureDocument(server, requirementDoc, userId, password, httpclient);
For RM 
HttpUtils.sendGetForSecureDocument(server, requirementDoc, userId, password, httpclient,JTS_Server);

Here I am Not able to understand why there is difference for CCM,RM with extra JTS_Server Parameter.
Why do we need JTS_Server parameter only for RM and not for CCM? 
In my Application development I need to access both RM and CCM through OSLC, in that case I need to have two classes implementing these methods in  HttpUtils class. If it is possible,I want to use one of methods for both RM,RQM which is the best?

Comments
Bas Bekker commented Sep 23 '15, 11:21 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Can you give a bit more context?
- What version of CLM are you using?
- Assume you code snippet above comes from the OSLC workshop?

vijayakumar ramesh commented Sep 23 '15, 11:31 a.m.
Basically in my Application I have URI's of Requirement and Test case fetched from Story work item   which are nothing but links to it.
I was able to process Test case URI using OSLC API's but when I try to process the Requirement URI using OSLC API's I am getting error of Unauthorized access.
I simply dont understand why do we have two different overloaded methods for Authentication  Please explain What is the reason behind it.
I am using the CLM and 6.0 and 5.0.2
yes, I have taken snippet from OSLC Work shop of RM and CCM

Accepted answer

permanent link
Donald Nong (14.5k614) | answered Sep 24 '15, 3:15 a.m.
Due to historical reason, RM does not provide an /rm/j_security_check URL for authentication, and you have to use /jts/j_security_check for this purpose. Since the public URLs for JTS and RM do not necessarily have the same host, you need to specify the JTS host for RM authentication.

If you check the source code carefully, you should see implementation of the HttpUtils class varies in the CCM and RM samples - CCM handles the authentication in the sendGetForSecureDocument() function and RM handles in in the doRRCOAuth() function. Strictly speaking, they are not the same class.

If you insist on a single HttpUtils class, you need to merge source code together and handle the authentication appropriately upon detecting the application variant (CCM, QM or RM) in the URL. You have the source code at your disposal so you should be able to do what you want.
vijayakumar ramesh selected this answer as the correct answer

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.