It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

QM API requires a license?

Allen Earnest (6212437) | asked Apr 20 '16, 4:09 p.m.
 Greetings All,

We deployed a RPE/RRDG report today in RDNG that shows traceability from our RDNG requirements to our test cases in QM.

When the first user ran it, it failed.  The user did not have a QM license, even though they were a member of the QM Project Area.

We have seen from previous experience that the user does not need a license to run a RRDG report that queries the RM API.

Why does the user have to have a QM license to run a RRDG report?  Is there an administrative way around this requirement?

Thanks for any replies!

Comments
Donald Nong commented Apr 20 '16, 10:01 p.m.

What's the exact symptom/error message? How did you determine that it's caused by the lack of QM license?

Allen Earnest commented Apr 21 '16, 9:13 a.m.

Hey Donald...

I stared out with no QM license and only had a Test Contributor role in the QM project area.  I was unable to generate the report from RM.

One by one, I added the roles for Test Team Member and Test Lead to my profile in that QM project area.  I still could not generate the report.

We noticed that I was missing a QM license, so I added it.  After I did that, I was able to generate the report.

Strangely, we have a coworker who is able to generate the report without a QM license in the same environment.  So we have conflicting data.  We aren't sure whats causing the problem.

Allen Earnest commented Apr 21 '16, 9:19 a.m. | edited Apr 21 '16, 9:22 a.m.

Here is a snippet from the log we captured.  

2016-04-20 15:19:31,063 [            RRDG_139:5955-CORE]  INFO com.ibm.rational.rrdg                               - CRRPE3107I Downloading data from https://jts1.xxxxdev.net/qm/service/com.ibm.rqm.integration.service.IIntegrationService/resources/_r-eMUs2bEeSXbqOamWbYgA/testcase/urn:com.ibm.rqm:testcase:17763?fields=testcase/(description|webId).
2016-04-20 15:19:31,136 [            RRDG_139:5955-CORE] DEBUG com.ibm.rational.rrdg                               - CRRPE3585D Authentication error. Details:

Can not access to the OAuthentication URL.
com.ibm.rational.rpe.common.auth.AuthenticationException: Can not access to the OAuthentication URL.
at 

Allen Earnest commented Apr 21 '16, 9:23 a.m.

When I browse directly to that URL shown in the log file, I get a message that tell me "Permission Denied - Your account does not have the group memberships required to access the requested resource"

One answer

permanent link
Donald Nong (14.5k414) | answered Apr 21 '16, 9:16 p.m.
The "group membership" in the error message usually refers to the Repository Role (such as JazzAdmins, JazzUsers and etc) of a user. In this case, make sure that the user does have the proper role. This can happen when you have a distributed environment and mistakenly assign different roles to the same user on different servers.

Comments
Allen Earnest commented Apr 22 '16, 9:16 a.m.
We use Active Directory to group our users appropriately.  Everyone is a JazzUser.  Only a select few are JazzAdmins.

We do not have this problem in our Training environment.  We are in the middle of rolling out iFix004.  It has already been installed to Training, but not to Production yet.  We will test again after it is installed and see if that has any affect.

Donald Nong commented Apr 25 '16, 9:53 p.m.

Putting the users in an LDAP group is one thing, mapping the LDAP group to a repository role is another. You can use the URL /<context_root>/authenticated/identity (<context_root can be jts, ccm, qm and etc) to verify.

Allen Earnest commented May 02 '16, 10:49 a.m.
Cool tip.. thanks for that..

When I run it, it does verify that I am a JazzUser (as well as JazzProjectAdmin and JazzAdmin)

We installed iFix004.  It had no effect.  We are still seeing the issue.

Donald Nong commented May 02 '16, 9:05 p.m.

Do you mean that the URL /qm/authenticated/identity shows that you have JazzUsers role but you still cannot access https://jts1.xxxxdev.net/qm/service/com.ibm.rqm.integration.service.IIntegrationService/resources/_r-eMUs2bEeSXbqOamWbYgA/testcase/urn:com.ibm.rqm:testcase:17763?fields=testcase/(description|webId) ? That's quite curious.

Don Yang commented Sep 08 '16, 10:01 p.m. | edited Sep 08 '16, 10:01 p.m.

Hi, Allen

What is the solution in your case? we have got similar problem here and want to know how you got to the solution? BTW, what is your QM and RM version? Thanks

Allen Earnest commented Oct 17 '16, 10:50 a.m.

Hi Don, sorry I just noticed your question today.

We didn't have a solution.  We had to apply the QM license to anyone who needed to run the report unfortunately.  Fortunately that was rare.

If you found a solution, I'd be interested to hear it.  Thanks

showing 5 of 6 show 1 more comments

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.