It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

What factors affect the length of JTS REPOTOOLS reindexing

Corey Jacobs (642539) | asked Apr 09 '15, 4:23 p.m.
We currently host 4.0.6 CLM for JTS/RTC/RQM/RRC on the same Windows 2008 Server directory.  They are all connected to DB2 Databases 10.5 on a separate AIX machine.  The 4 databases (RTC, DW, JTS, QM) are all around 1 gigabyte each.  One of the JFS-RDF index had been corrupted and the recommended fix was to perform REPOTOOLS reindexing.  I specified following for reindex parms.
repotools-jts.bat -reindex teamserver.properties=conf\jts\teamserver.properties scope=all

I've been able to successfully perform reindexing against another similar environment (JTS/RTC/RQM/RRC) that took approximately 7 hours to complete. I kicked off this reindexing job yesterday and it has been running for approximately 24 hours now. It's current status is at 83.80% and projected remaining time is 18 days. I was wondering if what factors into the timeline of the reindexing and what would make certain REPOTOOLS reindexing take longer to complete.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Alexandre Stegani (8664) | answered Apr 09 '15, 5:51 p.m.

Hi, We do have this documented in the following wiki page. It says, "The time to run the reindexing commands will depend on the size of the repository database and total workitems contained, and also the size of workitemindex folder. "

https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Deployment/ReindexingAfterUpgrade#How_long_will_this_command_take 

Corey Jacobs selected this answer as the correct answer

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.