It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Why I cannot see Manage Project Properties?

Lucas Dantas (1514) | asked Apr 12 '16, 2:37 p.m.
Hello,

My user cannot see option "Manage Project Properties" in RQM (after clicking on Admin icon at top menu bar).
I looked at the Help content and found this:

1. Log in as a user who has permission to save and modify a project area. This user can be any one of the following:
    • A user granted permission to save and modify a project area in the process configuration.
    • A user who is an administrator of the project area.
    • A user who is granted either the JazzProjectAdmins or JazzAdmins repository group permissions.

I then went to Permissions page and verified that my user's role has all under "Save a Project Area".
For this reason, I assume that I am eligible to see "Manage Project Properties" - considering the first bullet above.

Any idea on why I can't see this option and how I could fix it?

Thank you in advance!!

Accepted answer

permanent link
Donald Nong (14.5k614) | answered Apr 12 '16, 10:16 p.m.
I think the document is incorrect. Use RQM 5.0.2 Knowledge Center as an example.

This document has the content quoted in your post.
http://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSCP65_5.0.2/com.ibm.rational.test.qm.doc/topics/t_setup_attributes.html

But if you look at the parent page - in the Note section at the top, it clearly says only administrators have such permission.
http://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSCP65_5.0.2/com.ibm.rational.test.qm.doc/topics/c_manage_project_properties.html
Lucas Dantas selected this answer as the correct answer

One other answer

permanent link
Aljo George (1117) | answered May 09 '18, 3:36 a.m.

I have noticed this:

The option "Manage Project Properties” will change to "Manage Component Properties” once we enable the “Configuration Management for that project. So you can click on "Manage Component Properties” option to manage the project.

Cheers,
Aljo George

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.