It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to compute a RQM project area's UUID from its name?

Ajith O M (46433) | asked Mar 19 '19, 10:28 a.m.

Dear Team,

Could you please help me on how to find the UUID of RQM project area. I'm having restful API's of different RQM artifacts(like test plan,test case..) and getting project area name. So how to find the UUID of project area name.
Any other solution is acceptable. Please help.

Thanks and Regards
Ajith

Accepted answer

permanent link
Kevin Ramer (4.5k8183200) | answered Mar 20 '19, 1:38 p.m.
In the /rootservice document is an oslc_qm:qmServiceProviders element.  Follow the URL from the rdf:resource property and look for the project(s) in the array of oslc:serviceProvider that result.   The UUID for the project will be shown several times within its respective oslc:serviceProvider.

Ralph Schoon selected this answer as the correct answer

2 other answers

permanent link
Srinivas Mandava (15815) | answered Mar 19 '19, 9:28 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
If you have access to the server, you can just to go to manage project areas -> active project areas- and select the project and from the address bar, at the end of url you should find something like itemid=_uTa3EOaQEei0H_fr1S7hmg.
This itemid should be your UUID

Comments
Ajith O M commented Mar 20 '19, 7:08 a.m.

Thanks for the response.

But what I will be having is just REST API for different artifacts(like test case,test plan)
Here in the url,if you could notice TestProject is the project area name.
So Is there any way. or is there any API to fetch project area uuid for RQM.

Please help me at the earliest.

permanent link
Bob 3 (1481564) | answered Jun 07 '19, 5:14 p.m.

For reporting purposes, the name of a QM project area never changes. Is there a way to query the QM server and obtain the reporting name of a project area whose name has since changed in the web UI?

For example, if a project started out as "Project 1 (QM)" and later was changed to "Project 2 (QM)" then Project 2 (QM) will display in the web UI but for reporting, the project must be referred to as "Project 1 (QM)"

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.