It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Suspicion Profile

Ricky Jay (28926) | asked Jan 13 '16, 5:58 a.m.
 Hello,

I have setup a suspicion profile to being notified if any changes done in Requirements or test cases linked to requirements. I have applied watch check to the "Validated By" field in Requirement management section while setting up the suspicion profile.

I have linked some requirements in the test case and now when i change the requirement content, it doesn't notify to the tester that the requirements linked with this test case has been changed.
However, If i click on Reconcile button it gets the changes and display that requirements have been modified.

Please donot refer the Knowledge center link as i have already followed that. 

Kindly let me know if there is any step or thing that i've missed while setup suspicion profile.

It doesnt work at all for me.

Comments
Ricky Jay commented Jan 13 '16, 11:44 a.m.

Can i have any update on this please??

Bas Bekker commented Jan 13 '16, 7:35 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Before insisting on answers, better provide more details :)

What version of CLM are you using?
What steps have you performed to enable suspicion? more details please...
Reading your text literally, it seems you expect that the the suspect flag is shown in the test case, but I assume you know it only shows in the requirement artifact.
Do the RM and QM tracker show that they are up-to-date?

Anyway, I tried in 6.0.1 GA, and changing the state of a test case linked to a requirement, and it raises the suspect flag in the requirement. So for me it works.

Ricky Jay commented Jan 14 '16, 6:21 a.m.

-We are using CLM version 5.0.2

-I have created a profile and applied a "Watch" check in the requirement section and save it, After that rebuild the index for RQM and RM and click on track button to start tracking.
-Yes QM and RM shows that they are up to date and tracking.

ok so getting back to my question, If i change in the requirement i would not be notified and have to reconcile the requirement from test case to check any changes. Correct?

If i talk about your example, you changed the state of the test case, is this work by only applying "Watch" check in the profile or any other check is needed?
I tried in 6.0.1 GA, and changing the state of a test case linked to a requirement, and it raises the suspect flag in the requirement. So for me it works.

Thanks for all your support.

2 answers

permanent link
Donald Nong (14.5k414) | answered Jan 13 '16, 8:48 p.m.
The "reconcile" feature is the only way you can make a test artifact a suspect, as you observed. Suspicion profiles only work within RM/RDNG, and have no effects on RTC or RQM. You can treat the suspicion profile as a way RDNG does the RDNG "reconcile" feature automatically for you based on the rules set in the suspicion profile.

permanent link
Brett Bohnn (94111153) | answered Jan 14 '16, 6:35 p.m.
edited Jan 14 '16, 6:36 p.m.
In support of Donald's answer, please note in the 6.0.1 knowledge center:

http://www-01.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSJJ9R_6.0.1/com.ibm.rational.rrm.help.doc/topics/t_create_suspect_profiles.html?cp=SSYMRC_6.0.1&lang=en

In the current release, suspicion profiles are used by the Requirements Management (RM) application only. However, by using suspicion profiles, you can track changes to linked artifacts in the Change and Configuration Management (CCM) and Quality Management (QM) applications. Then, you can view suspect indicators in the RM application that are related to those changes. Suspect traceability indicators are useful for tracking the changes.

The reconcile is independent of suspicion profiles, which are confined to the RM application. I do not think there are any plans to change the behavior of suspicion profiles but here is an RFE to cover the specific feature you are requesting https://jazz.net/jazz02/resource/itemName/com.ibm.team.workitem.WorkItem/58065

You might also read about link validity new in CLM 6.0.1. The caveat with link validity in 6.0.1 is that it is used projects with configuration management enabled.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.