It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RQM Global Categories: values won't be promoted

Gabor Federics (34418) | asked Mar 27 '17, 4:14 a.m.

Hi all

I did not find a documentation to this new feature and it is not totally clear to me, how it should exactly behave.

My expectation was that if I have a Test Case with a global category "X" with value "Y", then I will see the same category with the same value in e.g. the Test Case Results linked to this Test Case.

What I experience is (in 6.0.3 iFix003) that the category is promoted, but the value is not. That means the category must be administered separately in Test Case and Test Case Result, just like before this feature. The only saving occurs in the Project Properties, where the category does not need to be defined twice.

Was the feature designed so by intention or does it behave incorrectly?

Thanks for your answers
Gabor

One answer

permanent link
Don Yang (7.7k21109138) | answered Mar 27 '17, 6:48 a.m.

Hi, Gabor

===
My expectation was that if I have a Test Case with a global category "X" with value "Y", then I will see the same category with the same value in e.g. the Test Case Results linked to this Test Case.
==
I don't think this feature is working like that. If you have a local Test case category X with value Y and you promoted it as a Global Category, it will move to global category section under Artifact Category after promotion. It means now in will see the same category X with the available value Y in the artifact type you promoted to, such as test case result. So from the TCR you can see the same category and its value Y but you still need to set the value unless you set the value as default value under Project Properties so that the new artifact will set the default value automatically.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.