It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

field default value based on role in RTC

Naveen V (791759) | asked Mar 21 '16, 11:26 a.m.
Hi

We have CLM 5.0.2 version. Created one Enumerations field called "Severity" with values "Low" , "Medium" , "High" and "Critical".  We set the default Literal as "Low". Unassigned Literal as "Low". So far good. But wanted one validation or condition for this field for particular role. Say I have role called "Tester". Whenever Tester logged into CCM then he/she should see the Severity field value as "High". If Developer/other logged then he/she should see default Literal as "Low" value. How I can configure this scenario in RTC?

Thanks

One answer

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Mar 21 '16, 6:49 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
There is no way to tell the GUI to display different values depending on the role of the user.

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Mar 22 '16, 2:50 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

For which I am really grateful. The question is also completely confusing. It asks for a default value, which actually could be different based on a users role, but then it talks about displaying different values based on the role.

Things to consider:
Although RTC is like 10 years old a lot of users seem to forget that in RTC users can and usually have multiple roles; any user has the default (everyone) role and dependent on the content a user can have multiple additional roles which have an order as well So it does not necessary make sense to talk about default by role, or you have to consider order as well

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.