It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Can you build custom process extesions for the Visual Studio Client?

Jamie Berry (14013693) | asked Aug 27 '12, 1:15 a.m.
edited Aug 27 '12, 4:40 a.m. by Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645)
I have been working on creating 2 new link types using Process Extensions.  I have it working in the Eclipse client and partially working on the Web-UI (on my local Apache server but not the production WebSphere based server).  I need to have it work from within Visual Studio as well, so I was wondering if there were instructions for adding custom process extensions for Visual Studio.

Thanks.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Martin Aeschlimann (911) | answered Aug 29 '12, 4:32 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
If I understand it right, you are extending the RTC server with bundles that add new link types.

For fetching work item links, the VS client uses the same APIs as the Web UI. So if you have it running in the web UI, it should also work in the VS client.
Ralph Schoon selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Jamie Berry commented Aug 29 '12, 10:12 a.m.

Thank you for the clarification. I was finally able to try it and I see that it does indeed work.

One other answer

permanent link
Krishna Kishore (50112) | answered Aug 27 '12, 11:28 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Jamie,

Are you creating a custom precondition for a workitem?. Currently its not possible to add VS client specific custom preconditions. If the precondition is on server then it will be applied on the VS client also. You mentioned that you were able to get the precondition working for the Web-UI, I assume that this precondition is a server side condition which gets triggered on a save workitem operation. If so then this precondition will work from VS client as well.

Thanks
Kishore

Comments
Jamie Berry commented Aug 27 '12, 11:41 a.m.

At this time, I am building new link types (it is just some xml settings defined as a specific extension-point).

Thanks.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.