It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Multiple Approvals

VK L (8177155159) | asked Sep 03 '12, 1:14 a.m.
Hi All,
           How to create a precondition to check for a specific number of approval items (different types - descriptors).
Say for e.g. I have 2 items - SME Approvals and PM Approvals -> I want 2 approved items in this case. How to do this via preconditions ?

Thanks.

2 answers

permanent link
David Olsen (5237) | answered Sep 03 '12, 1:39 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
The Source Control > Deliver operation has an available precondition, "Require Work Item Approval," that lets you specify the number of people of a certain role that must approve/review/verify before the delivery is allowed.  So you could specify that a work item needs to be approved by someone with the SME role and someone with the PM role.  (If one person has both roles, I don't know whether or not a single approval by that person will satisfy both requirements.)

The Work Items > Save Work Item operation has an available precondition, "Required Approvals," that lets you specify that an approval/review/verification must be pending/approved/rejected in order for a work item to be in a certain state.  But it does not let you specify the number of approvals or the role of the approver.

You did not say when you want this precondition to be run, whether it is when delivering change sets, changing the state of a work item, or something else.  So I don't know if either of these preconditions are what you are looking for.

permanent link
VK L (8177155159) | answered Sep 03 '12, 1:47 a.m.
Hi David,
                 I have created an advisor to run on "workitem save operation". It creates 2 Approval items with different descriptors and state change happens based on the setting in "Required Approvals" precondition.
I have applied the precondition "Required Approvals" -> and i am able to select 1 approval -> approved state. In this case, on approval of either one of the items -> state change happens. My requirement is for the state change to happen after all the approval items are approved.

Please advise if this is possible through an advisor or participant and the methods to be used?

Thanks.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.