It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Why does my download take so long?

nicolas teulier (821813) | asked Feb 07 '16, 9:45 p.m.
Hi,

I'm trying to download the Internet of Things Continuous Engineering Solution 6.0.1 and it's taking ages to be able to download it.
I'm based in Sydney (and it happens to colleagues based in Sydney and Melbourne too).
I've tried to download 5 times the offline repository and every time the downloaded file is corrupted (and it takes more than 12h for the download to finish).

When I'm using the web installer, it takes more than 12 hours for the download to complete (still ongoing...)

It has been like that for the past 6 months.

Could you please investigate? Or at least forward my request to whoever might be able to support me?

Thanks!
Nico

Comments
nicolas teulier commented Feb 07 '16, 10:37 p.m. | edited Feb 08 '16, 1:37 a.m.

And now, I have the following message with the Web Installer:

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Feb 08 '16, 1:41 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
All I can suggest to do is using a download manager as suggested in the Download Tips on the download page.

If your download speed is poor, I would not suggest to use the web installer.

I a not sure what the users in this forum can do to help you and I am not sure what to do. You could create a defect here: https://jazz.net/jazz02/web/projects/Community%20Feedback#action=com.ibm.team.dashboard.viewDashboard .
nicolas teulier selected this answer as the correct answer

One other answer

permanent link
nicolas teulier (821813) | answered Feb 08 '16, 2:00 a.m.
 Hi Ralph,

Thanks for your answer.
Unfortunately, I'm already using a download manager (I have tried several actually).

Work item created:
https://jazz.net/jazz02/web/projects/Community%20Feedback#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=147693

I'm closing this question then.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.