It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC Jazz build engine install

kelly hu (21215) | asked Dec 10 '15, 5:27 a.m.
 Hi RTC build admins,
 I refer to following link to setup jazz build engine and create new builds, and I found there are some existing build engine in the same RTC repository but under different RTC project, is it feasible to create new build with other project's build engine? I thought it would be reusable, but RTC client post error with "Permission Denied" even I did add myself with Builder authority in this project. Do you have any suggestions?
https://jazz.net/library/LearnItem.jsp?href=content/docs/client-tour/using-build.html

Another question is - can I install a new build engine? I know the steps as below, but where is the buildsystem and where can I download the JBE installation file? 

navigate to installdir/buildsystem/buildengine/eclipse, 
Type jbe -repository repositoryURL -userId username –pass password -engineId engine

Thanks a lot !

Accepted answer

permanent link
Zeeshan Choudhry (6541612) | answered Dec 10 '15, 6:34 a.m.
edited Dec 10 '15, 6:35 a.m.
you can download the new buildtoolkit from this location:

https://jazz.net/downloads/rational-team-concert/releases/6.0?p=allDownloads

Note: It is recommended you pick the JBE buildtoolkit (Build System Toolkit) matching your sever version. Above link is for 6.0. You can either install it using installation manager or download the plain zip from the plain .zip section of the download.
kelly hu selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
kelly hu commented Dec 11 '15, 3:17 a.m.

Thanks for providing the link, I'll check on the build system installation later.

One other answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Dec 10 '15, 5:53 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
The build engine can be reused. However, the build engine uses a build user to connect to the server, so the build user needs permissions to access the artifacts to be build. If you have access control switched on, that build user must be a member of your project area and have a role that allows hm to access the SCM data, to be able to work.

Comments
kelly hu commented Dec 11 '15, 3:16 a.m.

Good, I also add the SCM lead and builder to my id in other project, it works now, thanks.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.