It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Can I get a notifiaction on all new work items in my project

Anders Truelsen (16212020) | asked Sep 21 '12, 10:04 a.m.
We need to be able to respond to new work items in a time fasion.
Thus a mail to a dedicated user on each new work item would be nice, but how do I configure that?

Do I need to create an extension?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Scott Crouch (48532326) | answered Sep 21 '12, 12:49 p.m.
 We accomplished this by creating a default attribute provider for the people who should be added to all new items. Then added that default provider to the subscriber attribute. 
Anders Truelsen selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Anders Truelsen commented Sep 23 '12, 4:16 p.m.

Thats clever :-) I'll give that a try.

Thanks /anders

Anders Truelsen commented Sep 25 '12, 2:50 a.m.

Given that you remeber to make the value provider a 'user list' and not just a 'user' it works like a charm :-)

Rohit Rishabh commented Oct 31 '16, 10:21 a.m.

Can we restrict to a specific <g class="gr_ gr_13 gr-alert gr_spell gr_run_anim ContextualSpelling ins-del multiReplace" data-gr-id="13" id="13"> workitem </g> type? I mean let's say we only want to automatically add default user list to a defect <g class="gr_ gr_113 gr-alert gr_spell gr_run_anim ContextualSpelling ins-del multiReplace" data-gr-id="113" id="113"> workitem </g> and not to other <g class="gr_ gr_161 gr-alert gr_spell gr_run_anim ContextualSpelling ins-del multiReplace" data-gr-id="161" id="161"> workitem </g> available in the project area. 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.