It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Can its process configuration source be sabotaged somehow to achieve the equivalence of a PA getting removed?

long TRUONG (3654118146) | asked May 22 '20, 10:37 a.m.

On RTC 6.0.4 

We have been asked to remove a PA:
  • As PA can only be archived, NOT removed.
  • And our offer to remove all members from PA then archive not considered enough.
We found sort of backdoor solution in
  • removing all WIs
  • removing contents from all versions (but tip) of all files
We have removed all WIs: NO sweat. But we found removing contents onerous. 
We are looking for an alternative: Wonder if we can sabotage the process configuration source to make the PA inaccessible/inoperable as far as Source Control concerned.

Our questions towards this goal:
  • What happens to a PA on inheritance, as far as source control concerned, when we remove the link to the master PA's process configuration from Process Sharing: i.e.
    • We move from "Use the process configuration from another project area for this project area"
    • To "Do not share the process configuration of this project area"
  • Can we still edit the process configuration source in 6.0.4?
  • If so: How do we access it? I don't seem able to find it on Eclipse client, where I used to work with it.
  • If we modify it, or replace it with a blank template: would that messed up the PA beyond accessible.
  • If we purposely introduce errors on the xml syntax: Would the PA be able to be saved? And would it becomes inaccessible/inoperable? Any consequences to other PAs?
  • I had inherited PAs on inheritance before, with the inheritance broken due to local modification to certain local process configurations: Can we also attempt this to mess up the PA further?

Be the first one to answer this question!

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.