It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

CLM 2012 OSLC Workshop does not seem to run on WebSphere HTTPS

Jeff Freeman (1525) | asked Nov 20 '15, 11:46 a.m.

I can successfully run a modified Example05 from the CLM 2012 OSLC Workshop on a Version 5.0 Tomcat single server using HTTP, but I can’t get it to run on Version 6.0 WebSphere single server using HTTPS.

Any advice out there?

3 answers

permanent link
Jim Amsden (29337) | answered Nov 30 '15, 11:47 a.m.
There are probably a couple of things that could be causing the example to fail. First HTTPS on Tomcat and WebSphere 6 might behave differently. There is specific code in the example to work around HTTPS certificates. Make sure you're getting through to the server.

Next, Tomcat and WebSphere handle FORM based authentication differently. WebSphere supports proactive FORM based authentication, Tomcat doesn’t. The sequences of redirects and status may also be different. This may require some debugging to see where the example is failing.

permanent link
Jim Ruehlin (79114) | answered Nov 30 '15, 12:38 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
 Since you're using HTTPS instead of HTTP, could the problem be that you're not passing an authentication header to the Websphere server? 

Comments
Jeff Freeman commented Nov 30 '15, 12:44 p.m.

I am just running the example from the OSLC. I have not debugged it since I figured it should work. Have you been able to run it on a websphere https server?

Jeff Freeman commented Nov 30 '15, 5:36 p.m.

If I run Example03 which uses the apache httpclient-4.0.1 I get:

[Fatal Error] :17:78: The reference to entity "etag" must end with the ';' delimiter.
org.xml.sax.SAXParseException; lineNumber: 17; columnNumber: 78; The reference to entity "etag" must end with the ';' delimiter.
        at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.DOMParser.parse(DOMParser.java:257)
        at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.jaxp.DocumentBuilderImpl.parse(DocumentBuilderImpl.java:348)
        at com.sun.org.apache.xpath.internal.jaxp.XPathImpl.evaluate(XPathImpl.java:466)

permanent link
Donald Nong (14.5k414) | answered Nov 30 '15, 6:44 p.m.
edited Nov 30 '15, 6:45 p.m.
You did not explain your problem very well, and I believe you put the finger on the wrong target as well.

I assume by Example05 you mean net.jazz.oslc.consumer.rm.client/src/net/jazz/oslc/consumer/examples/Example05.java since you tagged this post with RDNG. I also assume that your code works with a CLM 5.0 server running on Tomcat, but fails with a CLM 6.0 server running on WebSphere. If this is indeed the case, the sample code does not work with CLM 6.0 since some new HTTP headers are required for 6.0. See the below post for one of such examples.
https://jazz.net/forum/questions/206957/what-is-vvcconfiguration-in-header-while-fetching-dng-60-list-of-artifact-links

If you just want to practice with OSLC, stick with CLM 5.0, for now.

P.S. The reason that you got an XML parser error could be that the returned content was in fact an error page in HTML format.

Comments
Jeff Freeman commented Nov 30 '15, 6:52 p.m.

You are correct. I should have pointed directly to the examples:

net.jazz.oslc.consumer.rm.client/src/net/jazz/oslc/consumer/examples/Example05.java
and
net.jazz.oslc.consumer.rm.client/src/net/jazz/oslc/consumer/examples/Example03.java

So, are you suggesting that this should work with a CLM5.0 running on WebSphere?

Donald Nong commented Nov 30 '15, 7:17 p.m. | edited Nov 30 '15, 7:19 p.m.

It should. I always use HTTPS in my testing environment and have not noticed any differences in the SSL implementation between Tomcat and WebSphere significant enough to break the CLM applications.

Also, if you check the full stack trace and locate the line in the Example05.java source, it can tell a lot more about the issue.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.