It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Difference between nodelock license and floating license for CLM tool

Manoj sajjan (19316) | asked Jan 03 '17, 5:45 a.m.
CLM Applications are web based applications, so for editing/modifying/deleting can be done in the systems which are in the network. Then what is the use of Floating license.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Daniel Moul (4.9k1318) | answered Jan 03 '17, 7:18 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
A floating license enables multiple people to share one license (but not at the same time), for example, people on a world-wide team working in different time zones, or for when some people only use the system occasionally.
Manoj sajjan selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Bas Bekker commented Jan 03 '17, 7:41 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Right, so only one user can have the license in use at a given time. So it has not to do with the license handling on the network, but the how the license is be assigned. There is also token licensing.

Here some details: Licensing Explained

Manoj sajjan commented Jan 03 '17, 7:50 a.m.

Hi Daniel Moul,

Thanks for reply.
I understood but in CLM Tool Perspective, can you explain briefly.
If i use nodelock license for CLM applications, can i access (edit/modify/delete) in other system which are in same network or not.

Awaiting for your reply

regards
Manoj

Daniel Moul commented Jan 03 '17, 9:46 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

In the Jazz world there are no nodelock licenses (which are tied to individual workstations). The nearest equivalent in Jazz licensing is the authorized user. Jazz licensing is managed on the server, not the client and is scoped to a Jazz Team Server. If you have an authorized license you can log in to Jazz applications on that JTS (CCM, RM, etc) from any workstation on the network.

Manoj sajjan commented Jan 04 '17, 7:30 a.m.

Thanks Daniel

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.