It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

CLM 6.0.4 iFix004 not detected by JTS?

Robb Buskohl (1716) | asked Oct 10 '17, 8:23 a.m.
edited Oct 10 '17, 8:24 a.m.

Good morning,

I recently installed iFix004 into our CLM 6.0.4 suite, and noticed that it does not reflect that it has been installed in Jazz Team Server (About the server) page. It is still showing iFix003.

It does show iFix004 in the other applications however, so I was just wondering if this is by design or if something went wrong during the installation of the patch? FYI, the same thing happened on both our sandbox and production instances of CLM.

Steps to reproduce:

Click "About the server" in the drop-down next to the question mark on the upper-right corner of the page.
Check the build information. Here is mine:

Build Information Version Build ID
Jazz Foundation - Core Libraries 6.0.4 RJF-SERVER-I20170517-1012
JTS Patch is active. Contact your system administrator for details on fixes included in this patch in readme.txt. 6.0.4 iFix003

However, as I stated, if I check "About the server" in the other applications, if does correctly reflect iFix004 is installed. So I am just wondering if they forgot to update the version info for JTS? Or if something is amiss?

Here is RM:

Build Information Version Build ID
Rational DOORS Next Generation 6.0.4 RDNG6.0.4-I20170517_1535
The patch is active for RM. For details about the patch, see the readme.txt file. 6.0.4 iFix004
Requirements Management - Core Libraries 6.0.4 6.0.4
Jazz Foundation - Core Libraries 6.0.4 RJF-SERVER-I20170517-1012
JTS Patch is active. Contact your system administrator for details on fixes included in this patch in readme.txt. 6.0.4 iFix003

Thanks!

Comments
Heather Linsk commented Oct 10 '17, 8:26 a.m.

I have the same problem.  Thanks for posting.

Paul Ellis commented Oct 10 '17, 8:28 a.m. | edited Oct 10 '17, 8:30 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

See my answer below Heather.

Robb Buskohl commented Oct 10 '17, 8:30 a.m.

Ahh ok. That makes sense. Yes, I ran the -clean and my patch folder does contain the correct files so I think I'm good to go!

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly. I will go ahead and inform my users that the patch has been applied and they can start working again.

Have a great day! :)

Accepted answer

permanent link
Paul Ellis (1.3k613) | answered Oct 10 '17, 8:29 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Oct 10 '17, 8:32 a.m.

Hi Robb,

I am afraid this was an unintentional aspect of the patch.  The version number was an unfortunate typo.  The JTS content is still ifix 4.

As long as your patch folder contains the correct binary file & you ran a -clean, then you are indeed running the correct ifix.

Kind regards,
Paul

Robb Buskohl selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Heather Linsk commented Oct 10 '17, 8:34 a.m.

Thank you Paul.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.