It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Is it possible to copy a RQM project from one server to another with different version?

Leire Torres (36721) | asked Sep 01 '15, 11:42 a.m.
Hi, 

Is there any possibility to copy a complete RQM project from one server to another with different version? I have read that RQM Copy Utility allows to copy all of the RQM resources from one project area/repository to another, but with 2 limitations: 1) servers must be the same version and 2) links are not supported.

I would like to know if this RQM Copy Utility has been updated, solving this two limitations. If not, do you know any other solution? 

Thanks in advance for any suggestions! 

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ara Masrof (3.2k15) | answered Sep 01 '15, 12:19 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
No, if you are using the Copy utility, both the source and destination project need to be at the same version
Note: the Utility was never meant to be used as a 'Project Copy', but rather as a means to re-use specific test assets. It is however capable of performing a Deep Copy; this is not a full copy Project Area, but the majority of the Project Area assets are copied
I would fully review the Known Limitations sections of the Wiki (https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/RQMCopyUtility#Known_Limitations) so that you have a full understanding on what and what does not get copied

Leire Torres selected this answer as the correct answer

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.