It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

permission for adding test environment to a test plan

Steve Smith (334) | asked Apr 26 '12, 12:16 p.m.
using RQM3.01 I am setting up roles with permissions. For our tester role I dont want them to be able to create any new test environments (as we want some control over that), but I do want them to be able to add existing test environments to a plan, and generate TERS. Currently when in the plan , they do not see the green + to allow them to add (existing) environments to the plan. Which permission controls this?

If (as a team leader) I add the test environment to the plan for them , they are then able to generate the TERS ok , so I just need to figure out how they can add test environments to plans (but not able to create new ones) Is this possible ?

One answer

permanent link
Robert Rassmann (9923) | answered May 15 '12, 5:22 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
using RQM3.01 I am setting up roles with permissions. For our tester role I dont want them to be able to create any new test environments (as we want some control over that), but I do want them to be able to add existing test environments to a plan, and generate TERS. Currently when in the plan , they do not see the green + to allow them to add (existing) environments to the plan. Which permission controls this?

If (as a team leader) I add the test environment to the plan for them , they are then able to generate the TERS ok , so I just need to figure out how they can add test environments to plans (but not able to create new ones) Is this possible ?

I looked into this and you're not going to be able to do what you want here. The set of needed permissions is:
Save Test Environment -> Create
Generate TER and Test Environment -> Edit & Generate

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.