It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How do you get the JRS widgets to load automatically instead of asking you to log in again?

Janet Charbonneau (852654) | asked Jul 16 '15, 5:00 p.m.
We are using version 5.0.2.  I used JRS to build a report that pulls specific RTC work items and show them as a stacked bar chart.  I put this widget on a RTC dashboard.  When you click on that dashboard tab, it shows the title of the widget and gives the message "You must log into <server> to view this content" and then it gives you a link to log in.  When you click the link, it finally shows the widget.  I am already logged into RTC and am pulling RTC data for the widget, so why does it ask me to log in again?  How do I get it to automatically show the widget without asking the use to log in?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Francesco Chiossi (5.7k11119) | answered Mar 15 '17, 7:34 a.m.

Hello Delhi,

Looking at the work item associated to the RFE:
https://jazz.net/jazz/resource/itemName/com.ibm.team.workitem.WorkItem/380154

this has been fixed in CLM 6.0.3: "Added an automatic click of the login link to initiate the no-op login (when the JTS is c-olocated)."

Best Regards
Francesco

Janet Charbonneau selected this answer as the correct answer

3 other answers

permanent link
Francesco Chiossi (5.7k11119) | answered Jul 17 '15, 4:26 a.m.
Hello Janet,

we have seen reports of this behavior in support.
It's a reproducible scenario that happens the first time each user logs to the server after a restart, when you click the login button on one widget you are good with all the others.
However the same behavior shows up again roughly after 1 day (even if the server is not restarted in the meanwhile).
This is currently being investigated internally.

Best Regards,

Francesco Chiossi

Comments
Janet Charbonneau commented Jul 17 '15, 8:56 a.m.

Thanks, Francesco!  I get this behavior every time I open my browser.  I can be on that widget and log in so it shows the widget.  Then close my browser and open it back up.  Log back into RTC and open that dashboard again and it gives me the log in message again.  This is unacceptable to use for my customers.  I need widgets that load automatically; thus this renders JRS useless for us.  :(

Krzysztof Kaźmierczyk commented Aug 06 '15, 4:52 p.m.

Hi Francesco,
Do we have any work item or APAR where it is investigated?

Francesco Chiossi commented Aug 07 '15, 4:54 a.m.

Hello Krzys,
I have an internal Escalation (sent you the link by mail).

Marek Siekierski commented Oct 16 '15, 5:06 p.m.

Development has stated JRS uses OpenSocial (OS) gadgets (not widgets) to display information on the JTS dashboard. When a gadget needs to query data from JRS, it uses the OS container API to initiate the OAuth dance resulting in a authorization token that would be used all subsequent requests. However, in the situation described by the log, the OS container (JTS) responds with a HTTP 302 code (a URL redirection). Normally, in a redirection situation, the client would re-request the data using the provided redirected URL. However, in this case, it results in another HTTP 302 response with another slightly different URL. This continues into an infinite loop. In order to mitigate the extricate itself from this loop, the JRS gadget has code to detect this condition and call JTS's /jts/proxy/logout service. After this "logout" occurs, the OS container returns the proper response in the form of a OAuth authorization link and login can proceed. What's observed here is that mitigation process in action. This is working as designed.

Janet Charbonneau commented Dec 16 '15, 5:20 p.m.

This is not an acceptable answer that it is working as designed!  This is a defect!!  When I am logged into RTC and I go to a dashboard, then it should automatically load the widgets on that dashboard.  I should not have to log in again!  Is there a defect submitted to fix this?  I am currently not using JRS widgets because of this problem.  Therefore, this problem is stopping my customer from using the benefits of the JRS report.  If there is not a current defect submitted on this, then I would be happy to submit one because this is not an acceptable, normal behavior for loading a widget!!

permanent link
Francesco Chiossi (5.7k11119) | answered Dec 16 '15, 7:01 p.m.
There is an existing RFE I created that you can vote and comment on:
https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/rfe/execute?use_case=viewRfe&CR_ID=80719

permanent link
Rational User (83) | answered Mar 15 '17, 5:52 a.m.

Hello Francesco, Do you know when this defect will be resolved?. We do suffer with this behaviour and have been told by customer to remove JRS reports from RTC.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.