It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

What would prevent me from saving changes to a widget?

Ryan McBryde (5911130) | asked Oct 28 '15, 2:18 p.m.

I am working in RTC 5.0.2 and I have added a widget to my dashboard, "Open vs Closed Work Items" and nothing is shown.  I click on the title bar of the widget, "Open vs Closed Work Items", and I am able to select a variety of parameters;  Type, Iteration, Timeline, etc.  but the Save button is grayed out and only Run, Save As, and Cancel are available.  I want to make these parameter changes permanent in the widget so that I can see the results on my dashboard.

I am an administrator of the Project Area and my userid has been assigned all the roles in the Project.

Comments
Marek Siekierski commented Oct 28 '15, 2:58 p.m.

Hi Ryan,

Are you trying to make these changes to your personal dashboard or the PA dashboard?

Ryan McBryde commented Oct 28 '15, 4:14 p.m.

Hi Marek,

To the PA dashboard.

R

Accepted answer

permanent link
Marek Siekierski (817510) | answered Oct 28 '15, 4:44 p.m.
You are clicking on the title of the widget which is bringing you to the out of the box BIRT report configurations, which you cannot save over. If you want to change the report parameters for the report displayed in the widget, click the arrow in the top right of the widget to expand the options and select settings.

Settings

Configure your report parameters and hit OK, and click Save in the top right of the page to save the dashboard.
Ryan McBryde selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Ryan McBryde commented Oct 28 '15, 5:21 p.m.

Thank you Marek,

That did the trick.  Here I had been assuming that the "down arrow" simply was a minimize and did not hide the settings dialog.  Thanks very much!

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.