It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Does anyone know why one of my JRS table reports has links to drill down to the work item and my other JRS reports do not?

Janet Charbonneau (852654) | asked Jan 11 '16, 12:59 p.m.
edited Jan 11 '16, 1:08 p.m.

I created a report to pull all open risks across several projects.  While I know the graph view will not allow you to drill down to the work items, my Table view shows my open risks and each has a link (under Work Item which is the Name attribute) that you can click on to view the Risk work item so you can see the details.

I just created a report that pulls all open tasks for a user across several projects.  When I run the report  in the Table view, it shows all of my open tasks for the user, but there are no links on those tasks, so you can't open the actual task and see the details.

Does anyone know why it works correctly in one report and not another report?  I created a report for all of my tasks and it doesn't show the links either, so don't think it is a permissions error.

One answer

permanent link
Janet Charbonneau (852654) | answered Jan 11 '16, 2:01 p.m.
I figured out the answer.  Under the Columns section, you must keep the column called Work Item URL.  It does not create another column. It actually turns your "Work Item" column which is the "Name" attribute to be a link!  In my Tasks report I had gone into the Columns section and deleted most columns including the Work Item URL column and that one is used to create the link in the report.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.