It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Can you sort a stacked bar chart in JRS so it is sorted by cumulative totals?

Janet Charbonneau (852654) | asked Jul 16 '15, 2:56 p.m.

I have a work item that we use to review documents.  There is a document number in each of these work items.  I created a bar chart in JRS and the work items are grouped by document number.  It sorts High to Low correctly putting the document number with the most work items first, second most listed second, etc.  (longest bar to shortest bar)

When I used a stacked bar chart, I am still grouping them by document number and then a subgroup of status, so the bar for each document contains pieces of the bar for each different status for these documents.  I would still like to sort it High to Low, so the document with the most work items is first, second most items is second, etc.  The sort feature does not work here.  For all I can tell it randomly sorts them and when I change it from "High to Low" to "Low to High" there is no change in the order of the bar chart. 

Does anybody know how to get these to sort by the overall totals for each document?  So visually it will have longest bar sorted down to shortest bar.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Rosa Naranjo (2.9k11623) | answered Nov 05 '15, 12:27 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Janet,
Looks like this already an existing enhancement request so I don't think it is possible yet. Please add your comments or your +1 to get it more attention:  https://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Jazz%20Reporting%20Service#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=370875
Rosa Naranjo selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Janet Charbonneau commented Nov 05 '15, 1:05 p.m.

Thank you, Rosa!  I have used the voting feature before, but I don't see that as an option on this Enhancement.  Is this something that will be added to it soon so I can vote?

Janet Charbonneau commented Nov 05 '15, 1:06 p.m.

Thank you, Rosa!  I have used the voting feature before, but I don't see that as an option on this Enhancement.  Is this something that will be added to it soon so I can vote?

Rosa Naranjo commented Dec 01 '15, 2:46 p.m.

Janet,
 the voting feature was just added. please try it and add your vote for this enhancement.

Janet Charbonneau commented Dec 01 '15, 3:15 p.m.

Thanks, Rosa!  I have voted for it.

Rosa Naranjo commented May 26 '16, 5:21 p.m.

This is currently slated for 6.0.3 and some nice progress should be visible soon.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.