It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Aligning defect template between agile and waterfall (traditional)

Tom Thele (123) | asked Jul 15 '15, 10:03 a.m.
We started with a waterfall defect template.  Our company is rather process heavy for the defect is highly customized.  We are not setting up Agile work areas.  We must keep the defect formats the same across all defects.  It appears we are having to maintain completely separate templates and customize BOTH any time add/change a field on a defect.  That will ne a huge risk and overhead issue.  Is there any way we can use just one template for both agile and waterfall work areas?  (I'm the POD, our developer does not seem to know).  

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Jul 15 '15, 10:13 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
I think the simple answer is no. You can keep one single process description if you use process sharing, but that only works with one process and not with two different ones. I am also not aware of a public API that would copy all the changes to the process configuration (attributes, editor presentations etc.) over. 

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Jul 15 '15, 11:03 a.m. | edited Jul 15 '15, 11:03 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

You can look if this answer https://jazz.net/forum/questions/48246/cloning-a-work-item-type provides you with some ideas. It is still a manual process.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.