It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Jazz CLM server upgraded from v6.0.0 to v6.0.1: Do I need to deploy predefined process templates to get the new SAFe templates?

Maria Victoria Martinez Torino (14924559) | asked Apr 18 '16, 11:02 a.m.
edited Apr 18 '16, 11:04 a.m.
Hi,

We got our CLM server upgraded from 6.0.0 to 6.0.1 and we would want to have the SAFe process templates deployed in our server.
I have read this article related to my question  > https://jazz.net/help-dev/clm/topic/com.ibm.jazz.platform.doc/topics/t_deploying_templates.html
However my major concern after deploying the predefined templates to the server is what happens with the custom process templates existing before the deployment...Will those templates be kept? FYI - the ID of the custom process templates is different from the Out-Of-The-Box IDs.
The reason I am asking this it is because we need those custom templates for internal IBM projects that follows specific process and methods.

If someone can confirm me there is no harm in deploying predefined templates, please let me know.

Thanks!
Victoria.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Donald Nong (14.5k614) | answered Apr 19 '16, 5:36 a.m.
The document clearly says that you can change the process template ID and name as a way to preserve the customization. Not quite sure why you still need someone to confirm the same thing.
Attention: If you upgrade from a previous release, deploying templates overwrites the previous versions of those templates. If you have customized the templates and want to preserve those customizations, open the templates in the Process Template editor; change their IDs and names; and save them before you deploy the new predefined templates.

Maria Victoria Martinez Torino selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Maria Victoria Martinez Torino commented Apr 27 '16, 6:33 p.m.

Sorry I need to double check as I have never done this before and I don't quite understand the consequences of re-deploying templates to the server.
In my case, custom process templates already have a different ID from the Out-Of-the-Box ones...so do I really need to take any action before deploying the process templates the server?

Donald Nong commented Apr 28 '16, 12:37 a.m.

The simple answer is no.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.