It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Steps to backup/restore JRS report database?

Jackie Albert (1.6k14946) | asked Mar 27 '15, 11:08 a.m.
We are using JRS extensively, and have over 200 custom reports that users have built.    I'm not able to find any documentation about how to backup the database that stores these report definitions.  I'm aware of the Export function, but we would like to do something on a regularly scheduled basis.   Similarly, if we were to have an issue is there documentation on how to restore such a backup?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Cherie Revells (18111) | answered Apr 09 '15, 11:58 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Jackie,

JRS does use a Jena TDB data store instead of a Derby DB.  Yes, the steps would be the same as for backing up and restoring the Derby DB in other CLM apps.

Cherie
Jackie Albert selected this answer as the correct answer

2 other answers

permanent link
Jackie Albert (1.6k14946) | answered Mar 30 '15, 11:39 a.m.
Francesco,
It's my understanding that JRS uses a Jena TDB data store instead of a Derby DB, however I can't really confirm this since it's not documented.  If that were the case, are the steps the same?    

Also, there is no JAZZ_HOME/rs/db  folder in my installation.  I did find a /conf/rs/db folder, however.

permanent link
Francesco Chiossi (5.7k11119) | answered Mar 27 '15, 11:35 a.m.
Hello Jackie.

as far as I understand JRS is using a Derby DB located at JAZZ_HOME/rs/db.
To backup should be enough to take a copy of the folder with the server down.

Best Regards,

Francesco Chiossi

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.