It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RRDI erroring on Report Studio report save

Alexander Dawson (2542328) | asked Dec 04 '14, 9:24 a.m.

This is probably a DBA question, but during the morning, we're able to save our Report Studio work.  At some point later in the day though we consistently get the following error.

CM-SYS-5003 Content Manager is unable to connect to the content store. Verify that the database connection properties in the configuration tool are correct and that when you test the connection, the test is successful.ORA-01536: space quota exceeded for tablespace 'USERS'

Would this be an installation issue?  a general DB issue? or something we can configure to resolve?
thanks in advance

2 answers

permanent link
Francesco Chiossi (5.7k11119) | answered Dec 04 '14, 9:33 a.m.
edited Dec 04 '14, 9:37 a.m.
Hello Alexander,

the RRDI report server stores the reports and its configuration in a database called content store (sometime refereed as RICM in the documentation).

The error you get means that the application cannot write to the database because the tablespace has reached its quota for that user.

The USERS tablespace that is mentioned in the error is the default one (in general this is not recommended). This means that the Oracle user that is configured to connect to the content store doesn't have a tablespace assigned.

I can think of 2 approaches:
1) Increase the quota on the USERS tablespace available to the oracle user that is configured to connect to the content store.
2) Create a new tablespace and assign it to the oracle user that connects to the content store with unlimited (or high enough) quota. (This might require that you export the content store contents before the operation, and import it back after.)

Best Regards,

Francesco Chiossi

permanent link
Jackie Albert (1.6k14947) | answered Dec 04 '14, 9:34 a.m.
This sounds like a database issue, where the tablespace is running out of space.  I would guess that if it happens daily it may be some sort of cache problem that gets resolved later.  I don't use Oracle though so I can't give more specific help.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.