It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

JRS has option to add other Data Sources, Can this data source be Mongo DB ?

vijayakumar ramesh (1173760) | asked Sep 10 '15, 2:55 a.m.
I know that we can add external data sources to JRS over which we can report. I am interested to know is it capable of supporting Mongo DB. I guess it can support MySQL or any relational data base easily if not please comment what  kind of data sources it can support.

2 answers

permanent link
Dusko Misic (1961) | answered Sep 10 '15, 11:33 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
JRS only supports Data Warehouse and LQE as data sources. LQE is currently supported as Tech Preview (JRS 6.0). For Data Warehouse only CLM supported databases are supported by JRS. Those are Derby, DB2 (including i and z flavors in JRS 6.0), Oracle, and MS SQL Server (exact version are available through info center). Mongo DB is not supported.

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Sep 10 '15, 4:13 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Sep 10 '15, 4:13 a.m.
As already answered in https://jazz.net/forum/questions/206216/rtc-report-with-data-from-external-data-source-as-mongo-db-is-possible this is not possible as far as I know. This feature is to allow to add other Jazz applications e.g. registered to a different JTS as data source.

Comments
vijayakumar ramesh commented Sep 10 '15, 5:00 a.m. | edited Sep 10 '15, 5:02 a.m.

As far as I am aware, today JRS does only access the data sources provided by Jazz application.
"The built in reporting for RTC and its data collection jobs will only report over the content of the data warehouse. There are no data collection jobs that would pull data from external data sources."
With respect to this above comment
In this agree with you for JRS , that it works only with Jazz applications which are registered.
But with respect to built reporting in RTC, when we have seperate Data base which will have its seperate, Data update Jobs (psuedo scenario) running and updating it.So I create BIRT report template over that and deploy it in RTC. so I expect it should be able to create reports over this  external database as report template will have all details of database. I am not understanding why it wouldn't be possible technically ? 

Ralph Schoon commented Sep 10 '15, 5:11 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

This is pure speculation, as there is no description how to create your own data warehouse DB, how the schema has to look like, how the data is provided and which interface would be required in order for the reporting service to access it.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.