It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Which parts in RQM need an update when saving a Doors Classic module with a view linked to a testplan?

Jochen Staack (551120) | asked Mar 24 '15, 6:01 a.m.
Hi,

I have an RQM 5.0.1 project connected with Doors 9.6.1 via DWA.
In my RQM project, there are testplans which link via the requirement collection section to views in Doors modules.

Now if someone changes i.e. the description of a requirement (which is in one of the views) in Doors, he is asked to log into RQM when saving.

I am wondering, which parts in RQM needs to be updated, when saving the change in the requirements!

Accepted answer

permanent link
Graeme Clunie (26) | answered Apr 01 '15, 9:07 a.m.
Hi Jochen,

have looked into this a bit further.
Prior to saving....did you by any chance change the module from read only mode to exclusive edit?
I found a defect report (the defect is fixed in 9.6.1.1) which describes the same as you have here but the issue is only visible when you: upgrade from read only to exclusive edit, edit something, save the module.

Cheers.
Jochen Staack selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Jochen Staack commented Apr 09 '15, 5:10 a.m.

Hi,

you are right, the defect report is matching to my behaviour!
Thanks!

Regards
Jochen

2 other answers

permanent link
Paul Slauenwhite (8.4k12) | answered Mar 24 '15, 6:27 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Mar 24 '15, 6:29 a.m.
I am not sure why DOORS would require RQM credentials to update a requirement linked to a RQM test artifact.  If you are only updating the requirement's description and not the link to the RQM test artifact, there should be no updates required to the RQM test artifact.  However, on the RQM side, you will have to reconcile test plans with requirements in DOORS (see https://jazz.net/help-dev/clm/topic/com.ibm.rational.test.qm.doc/topics/t_reconcile_reqcolls_doors.html).

Comments
Jochen Staack commented Mar 24 '15, 8:11 a.m.

I am wondering also, but it is a fact!
Can I provide any further information to help solving this issue?

Paul Slauenwhite commented Mar 24 '15, 9:20 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

I have asked someone from the DOORS Team to reply.

permanent link
Graeme Clunie (26) | answered Mar 24 '15, 2:15 p.m.
HI Jochen,
what do you mean by "the description of a requirement "? Object Text? Some other attributes?

In the situation you describe I would not expect an attempt to log into RQM. This would be expected when creating/deleting OSLC links, performing link rendering etc. Do you have any triggers on the module that may be causing this? Or OSLC based integrations installed?

If RQM is logging requests or you're comfortable using fiddler I'd be interested to see what the request is from DOORS that's causing the login attempt.

Cheers,
Graeme.

Comments
Jochen Staack commented Mar 25 '15, 3:43 a.m.

Hi Graeme,

It is happening when changing the object text (even if this particular object has not direct link to RQM). But I think it is also happening for all other attribute changes. I will check that as soon as I need log in again (seems that the session has a timer).

I did not create or delete any links. Link rendering I do not even know :-)
The only thing we have set up is the connection between RQM and Doors via DWA and the links from/to the testplans as described in the original question.

Using Fiddler somehow does not work for me. It seems, that is is not fetching the Doors communication by default. Can you help me on that topic?

Thanks a lot!!!

Graeme Clunie commented Mar 25 '15, 6:54 a.m.

Hi Jochen,

sounds like this isn't going to be trivial to answer (or investigate for that matter).  As such I'd recommend raising a PMR and getting support involved as they'll have more time to devote to this then me.

Cheers,
Graeme.

Jochen Staack commented Mar 25 '15, 7:50 a.m.

Hi Graeme,

thanks a lot for your help. Trying to raise a PMR now via our tools department!

Jochen Staack commented Apr 01 '15, 8:10 a.m.

Hi again,

it also seems to be hard, to raise a PMR for me :-(
At least, I got some new information:
The role I need to assign to the people in RQM that need to be able to  save the Doors module does not need to have any write access to RQM. So Doors only seems to fetch some information. The question is, for which purpose?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.