It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RQMExcelimport

Naveen Tyagi (19778152) | asked Feb 26 '15, 5:19 a.m.
 I am able to Import Test cases in RQM but at the time of Importing it's not asking which template i want to use, so its being imported as per default template and default template has some extra custom sections than Excel file and after Import process all these section have no data since no mapping is there in .cfg file.
 how can i make it possible that plugin will allow me to select the template already created in my project in RQM ?
Is it also possible Template automatically created as per the excel file and data i want to import instead to taking default template which has some extra custom section in RQM and sometime less ?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Sunil Kumar R (1.1k13344) | answered Feb 26 '15, 10:23 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
 Hi Naveen, as you rightly said the excel importer chooses the default template - there isn't a switch to choose the template.

The right option seems to be to use the RQM web UI to set the default template (other than the out of the box default) and then use the excel import as intended.

Best Regards, Sunil
Naveen Tyagi selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Naveen Tyagi commented Feb 27 '15, 12:13 a.m.

Thanks Sunil !!! that's what exactly i am doing but i just wanted to conform whether it is possible or not. 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.