It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Project Folder created on Windows Explorer not showing in RTC.

Edward Scarberry (11010) | asked Jul 15 '13, 11:30 a.m.

I created a project folder in windows explorer.  I copied a .project file into the folder and changed it.  If I go into RTC I don't see it as pending changes.  I do have 2 successfully created with a jazz person assisted.  But now I can't add more.

Ed

2 answers

permanent link
sam detweiler (12.5k6195201) | answered Jul 15 '13, 11:38 a.m.
let me repeat that back

you created a new project with Windows Explorer (using the windows integration).  you copied a .project file into this folder.

at least with Eclipse, you must SHARE the project first to get it into the RTC source library, before you can get a changelist.

Comments
Edward Scarberry commented Jul 15 '13, 11:43 a.m.

I was shown how to create two project folders using window explorer. Those where checked in and delivered. Then I tried a new folder called HR. But when I look at pending changes it does not show up in pending changes. But if I go to those other folders I created that are in RTC and make a change they show up in the pending changes.

Ed

Edward Scarberry commented Jul 15 '13, 1:16 p.m.

Do you have something on the SHARE of the project so I can get it into the client and then delivered to the repository.

Edward Scarberry commented Jul 15 '13, 1:49 p.m.

OK I get the Project onto the repository now.  But is seems that any additional folder or file I add to me workspace does not show up as an unresolved pending changes.

Geoffrey Clemm commented Jul 18 '13, 12:26 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

In the RTC-4.0.3 Windows Explorer client, when I add a new folder (or file) to a shared directory, it shows up as expected in the Unresolved folder in the Windows Explorer Pending Changes view.  You'll probably need to work with support to find out why this isn't working for you.

permanent link
Dejan Custic (2855) | answered Jul 17 '13, 3:58 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
There are also Help resources that describe the most common use cases for sharing changes. The Help also has videos that illustrate share scenarios using different clients, like web, Eclipse, Shell, and VS client http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/clmhelp/v4r0m3/nav/2_2_4

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.