It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

question about installation of JUnit

iris wang (662313) | asked May 19 '09, 7:07 p.m.
I have installed the rational team concert 1.0.1.1 (express-c version) server and client, is the JUnit plugin

integrated in it by default? Do I have to download the plugin and install it seperately? What about the express

standard version of rational team concert? Thanks very much. :)

5 answers

permanent link
Anthony Kesterton (7.5k9180136) | answered May 20 '09, 10:42 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I have installed the rational team concert 1.0.1.1 (express-c version) server and client, is the JUnit plugin

integrated in it by default? Do I have to download the plugin and install it seperately? What about the express

Hi

JUnit should be there in the RTC Eclipse client. Open the Java Perspective, create a Java class, and then right-button on the class in the Package Explorer view. You should be able to go New->JUnit Test Case (it is towards the end of the list). I tried this in RTC 1.0.1.1 Standard

regards

anthony

permanent link
Anthony Kesterton (7.5k9180136) | answered May 20 '09, 10:55 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi

JUnit should be there in the RTC Eclipse client. Open the Java Perspective, create a Java class, and then right-button on the class in the Package Explorer view. You should be able to go New->JUnit Test Case (it is towards the end of the list). I tried this in RTC 1.0.1.1 Standard

regards

anthony

Whoops - my apologies. I am not really sure about this. Once I started creating a JUnit test, it asked for the junit.jar file. However, looking at the Package Explorer - it points to a place in the installation where the relevant jar's seem to be there.

To be safe, download JUnit.jar and place it in a directory and point to it when prompted until someone who really knows that they are talking about replies.

anthony

permanent link
iris wang (662313) | answered May 20 '09, 2:20 p.m.
Does that mean I should download the source code of "server, client, JUnit" fnamed "com.ibm.team.foundation.feature.sdk-I20090515-1530.zip" from the link "https://jazz.net/downloads/jazz-foundation/milestones/1.0RC1"? I've download the package actually, but when I try to unzip it my unzipper prompts that the file name is too long so it cannot unzip it correctly...Anyway, I finally found a file named "org.eclipse.jdt.junit.runtime_3.3.0.v20080603-2000.jar" in the zip package, is that what we want? If so, how can I setup the package explorer to point to that file? Thanks so much...

Hi

regards

anthony

Whoops - my apologies. I am not really sure about this. Once I started creating a JUnit test, it asked for the junit.jar file. However, looking at the Package Explorer - it points to a place in the installation where the relevant jar's seem to be there.

To be safe, download JUnit.jar and place it in a directory and point to it when prompted until someone who really knows that they are talking about replies.

anthony

permanent link
iris wang (662313) | answered May 21 '09, 4:11 p.m.
Any update, guys? :?

Does that mean I should download the source code of "server, client, JUnit" fnamed "com.ibm.team.foundation.feature.sdk-I20090515-1530.zip" from the link "https://jazz.net/downloads/jazz-foundation/milestones/1.0RC1"? I've download the package actually, but when I try to unzip it my unzipper prompts that the file name is too long so it cannot unzip it correctly...Anyway, I finally found a file named "org.eclipse.jdt.junit.runtime_3.3.0.v20080603-2000.jar" in the zip package, is that what we want? If so, how can I setup the package explorer to point to that file? Thanks so much...

Hi

regards

anthony

anthony

permanent link
Anthony Kesterton (7.5k9180136) | answered May 21 '09, 5:50 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Any update, guys? :?

Hi

OK - this is how I did this. I went to sourceforge and got the junit file (I actually grabbed the junit-4.6.jar file)

http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=15278&package_id=12472

I placed the jar file somewhere I could find it again - c:\JUnit-4.6.

Go to your Eclipse project in the package Explorer view, right button on the project and select Properties. Select the Java Build Path entry and then the Libraries tab. Add External JAR and select the JUnit jar file you downloaded earlier. Close the dialogs and you should now be able to create new JUnit tests by going to the class you want to test, right-button and go New->JUnit Test.

I am sure there is another way to do this - so that this external library is always available, but this way seems to work for me.

Again, perhaps someone will take pity on us both and explain a better way.

Hope that helps get you started in the meantime...

regards

anthony

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.